Help with labels and logos.....

Michi

If I make my logo in one program, how can I move it and use it in another program? This is my biggest problem right now.

I swear I'm NEVER going to get one label on any of my products!!!!!

My husband fell in love with my OM&H soap I made last week, and he's dying to take some to work to give to his boss and his admin. asst. but I don't want to give them out until I have a label and ingredients list on them, but I've been trying and trying to come up with something, and I feel like a complete idiot. :(

I swear I'm probably going to end up having to pay someone to make my labels and such for me, even though I've spent a fortune on software programs to do so. :rolleyes2 :angry2:

I mean, I could maybe be selling some of my stuff if I could only get labels on them and get them "out there" KWIM?

I spent a LOT of time making my logo, but I have NO clue how to get it into the avery program and make it work with their program????

All ya have to do is save your logo from whatever program as a jpg image. I don't think Avery supports .gif images..so it's important that you save it as a jpg..or another supported type of image. Then when you are in Avery..you us the "Insert" option to insert an image from a file. Find the image (your logo) that you saved and TaDa!

I wish I had my avery open here at work and I'd tell you what file types it supports...can somebody else chime in here and let her know??

Ok, I understand that now, but I have to make sure it's the right size and everything for what I'm doing in Avery BEFORE I send it over to Avery right? B/c I think I can't change it (color, size etc.) in Avery correct?

This is what gets me all confused, is I can't TELL if it's the right size or whatever until I print it out, and it just seems to be sooo much work, fixing the logo in one program, and then sending it to another program and then, printing and then starting all over again when it doesn't look right! :eek:

I swear I've been working on this stupid stuff for months now, and have yet to come up with anything I like. :(

You can make your logo bigger and smaller in Avery...you just can't change any text or colors...I would suggest adding text in AVery anyways..it comes out looking nicer IMO.

Avery gives you a label to work with, and while it looks huge on your screen, it will print to the right size when you're all done with it..In fact, you can do a print preview to get a rough idea of what it will look like once it's printed. I've used that to see that I needed to move something or center it more etc..

otherwise..yup, you shoud make sure your logo is pretty much how you want it before you import it to Avery. Wish I was there to help :undecided

I have microsoft publisher (well I have some other programs but that is currently where my logo is), and I don't know how to change the file from a publisher file to a jpg or whatever so I can use it in Avery. :(

In the drop down box when I'm "saving it as...." it doesn't show that option???

I really need some help with this, I want to make some half way decent labels today for some soaps and candles I'm giving as gifts and need them done by this afternoon as we're leaving town.

HELP!! :(

Why oh why can't I get this????? (where's that crying smilie??)

Here's a random tip that *may* help you.

If you can, when you're saving, type in the "Save As" box: "filename.jpg" instead of just "filename". Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will just save it as "filename.jpg.gif" or whatever.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Just to let you know...you cannot save as a jpeg in Publisher. The easiest way to do it would be to start in a program that supports saving as different file types, then insert it into Avery.

I don't know what other software you have, but publisher really isn't a good one to design things in...unless you are trying to make a "publication". There are lots of beginner programs you could use to make it up...I may be able to help you out...pm me, if you're interested. :)