plug in tart warmer

I've tried them- was not impressed with them at all. It took forever to melt a full size 1 ounce tart, after like 18 hours I gave up even trying. I put some mini tarts in there, and they melted faster but there really wasn't enough heat to put out much scent. If you used 100% container wax with a lower melting point you might get better results, but I'm not about to change my tart formula for one burner so...LOL Someone mentioned using a higher wattage bulb, but the burner itself says a max of 15 watts, which is what it came with. It's a great concept, but I didn't care for them at all :(

Really? that is a bummer it looks like a great idea. What about the combos that levine gifts offers. you know with the removable plate on top for tarts or the bottom for 8 oz container? any one ever try those?

Tried those too! LOL I love them-they work MUCH better than the plug-ins!

i'm not fond of them, it self for many reason......

if i had it plugged in the bathroom and it's melted, my boys would unplug it

and whoops there goes wax everywhere...

they unplug for to use shaver, blowdryer what not...lol

2nd, if it's plug in the wall below, kitty attacks it...wax splattered everywhere.

and how do you tell a 1 year old *guest's child* don't touch it!!

then what if you accidently bump it....another big mess....

anyhow....lol

Hugs

Dani

Well you all sure know how to ruin my fun. I'll buy one for myself, if I see one while shopping but guess I won't buy any to sell. I have an oil warmer from Aveda but never could get much scent from it. But it had a really small place for oil and a low watt bulb. Was hoping this would be better.

Well you all sure know how to ruin my fun. I'll buy one for myself, if I see one while shopping but guess I won't buy any to sell. I have an oil warmer from Aveda but never could get much scent from it. But it had a really small place for oil and a low watt bulb. Was hoping this would be better.

Try a 7wtt bulb, 4wtt bulbs are just too low wattage burn to cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I had a fire inspector come into my home, cause it is a requirement here in my town, for a vendors licence to be able to sell candles out of my home. Guess What!!!! The inspector said NO WAY!!!!! Bad, Bad, Idea!!! He said they are very dangerous. The wax can get melted down into the socket, and cause a fire into the wall. He said that many people dont here of this, cause they fail to check with their local fire depts on the potential dangers of these.

Didn't want to take any chance here. Just thought i would share!!!!

Leisa

Yeah, I looked at those too but I was thinking about my 3 children 5yrs old and younger and immediately decided against those for safety reasons.

I do have a large electric tart warmer from Tartburners.com and I absolutely love it. It has a 40 watt bulb and it melts a whole clamshell pack in about 15 minutes. Sometimes I just love to throw them all in there. (3 cubes just never seems like enough). I had to get the one with the kitty cats on it and it is adorable!

Missy

Acaidian Girl, I am sure that does work well, but for many of us who have children, its not worth the risk for a little tart. I will play it safe in my home, and keep mine in my tart warmer that has very tall sides on it. Like someone else had mentioned, children....In my case even my dear husband would prolly make a mess unplugging it to plug in something else. LOL!!!

Leisa