Soy Beads

Has anyone seen the "Soy Beads" from Beanpod Candles? They're little wax pellets that you can mix and match in your tart burner. I'm just wondering how they make the pellets or how we would be able to make them without some huge machine? I can't think of anything that would make them so small and so uniform....just curious I guess to see if any of you out there make them.

How important is it to you that you have a product that is exactly like the product thats already on the market? Oh that sounds bad stated like that now that I reread it. But not sure how else to ask the same question. I'm just thinking of other ways to get a similar product, but wont be small uniform pebbles.

No offense taken - it doesn't have to be exactly like the pellets I saw - I was just saying that the thing at Candlewic made button sized things that were about 5x bigger than what I wanted to make. I'm thinking I'll have to invent some little contraption myself if I really want to make them...

I thought about this myself at one time and here's what I was thinking, but if you use straight soy, I doubt they'd work. Also these methods would not produce uniform sizes or shapes but it would make small pieces of wax. One idea I had would be to put out a large piece of wax paper dip something into the wax and let it drip onto the wax paper. Something else I was thinking but would produce a very un uniform shape, but make things go much quicker, pour wax either very slowly in a THIN stream from a pour pot or place wax into something like maybe one of those yellow cleaning gloves and put a small hole in the tip of one or more fingers and let the wax flow into a water bath then remove wax from water and break up the ribbions into smaller pieces. Or make chunks and shave them, so you'd have scented wax shavings. The point behind this product is to have the wax small enough to melt fast and mix scents in a tart warmer. I'm thinking any of these methods would do just that. Currently I use candy molds and make small melts. They are small enough that you can melt 5-6 of them in a tart burner (at least mine will hold that many) so you can mix my melts to make new scents just the way they are. So I decided not to pursue this variation. Good Luck.

I bought a couple of silicone chocolate chip molds to try this out. It's tedious pouring, though. If you overfill, you get that "skirt" around the edges, and that makes them not look as good. I suppose you could set your pot of melted wax into a simmering water bath to keep it fluid, and use a pipette to fill the cavities individually, but it would be very tedious. Not sure you could sell them for enough to make it worth the investment in time.

I hear what you're saying. I was thinking of lining a cookie sheet with wax paper and pouring a thin layer of wax on the wax paper and then create some kind of contraption the size of the cookie sheet that I can use to just press down and cut out little pieces, but making the cutter big enough to be able to do a bunch at once. Hmmm maybe if I'm able to come up with something I'll mass produce the cutters LOL