Heat gun

Littysmom, go back to the sink hole thread...a heat gun isn't like a propane torch. It's more like a blow-dryer that gets super hot. And yes, you can use it with paraffin! It's really a godsend. I use it to melt leftover wax residue in my pour pots, and then wipe it out with a paper towel, to re-melt wax drips that have splattered (so they wipe right up), to get rid of wet spots in my container candles, to warm my jars before pouring, to smooth out unsightly tops, to fix general mess-ups. It's the best thing I've ever bought in terms of candle supplies!

Ive actually used my blowdryer... I have this monster blow dryer that gets way too hot so Ive been using that.. maybe when that dies I will look into a heat gun.. :D

Yeah, a blow dryer will definitely work...it just doesn't get as hot, and will take a bit longer to do what you want to do with it...but really, it's the same thing. In fact, my heat gun finally did croak on me yesterday, and while my hubby was getting me another one, I fiddled with my blow dryer, it took longer, but it worked!

I tried my hair dryer and it didn't work at all! I think the wax may have been too hard, for it just melted the wax at the side and it all ran down the candle inside the mould (it was a pillar mould) and looked awful! Nor tried it again!

Anyway does anyone know where i can get a heat gun from in the UK? Never seen one anywhere!

Thanks