Exfoliator for M&P soaps?

sandyrose

This is all preference, cuz you can get many different degrees of scrubbiness depending on what you use: seeds, whole loofah, ground loofah, clays, sugars, salts, oats, coffee, fibers, joboba beads, ground walnut shells etc. etc. etc.

May I suggest what NOT to use? At least what not to use very much of. Lol- my very very first M&P was a massage bar for hubby with peppermint FO... and in the nubbies of the mold I put Poppy seeds before pouring the soap into the mold. I thought this was a 'manly' combination given my limited choices of materials I had on hand. I had seen a picture of it here in the gallery as a matter of fact.

I had to try it myself and......can you say ouch? I'm sure it is a fine thing to use, but I know I used too much. And I bet mixing it into a suspend base would have been fine as well. But just don't use very much... hubby said to me... 'once I rinsed off all the little black flies.... I liked it.' Lmaoooo:laugh2: Good thing I love him.

I like finely ground oats. They have to be whole oats and not quicking oats though. I've heard the quick cooking/minute oats will get mushy.

I use the quick oats ALL the time, and sometimes use the little packets of instant oatmeal (when I'm out of quick oats) and they never get mushy on me, still scrubby dubby!! :D

I use the quick oats ALL the time, and sometimes use the little packets of instant oatmeal (when I'm out of quick oats) and they never get mushy on me, still scrubby dubby!! :D

Hummm, in MP? To late for me cause I've already got two boxes of the stuff ground up! :laugh2: Wonder if you could use the flavored/scented kind? Cinnamon Bun, Maple Sugar etc.

Hummm, in MP? To late for me cause I've already got two boxes of the stuff ground up! :laugh2: Wonder if you could use the flavored/scented kind? Cinnamon Bun, Maple Sugar etc.

I guess I'm not understanding this statement?? ;)

The reg. oats are fine also, and I DO grind up the instant/quick oats in my grinder except for the bit I put on top of log soaps (at times). ;)

I don't know if you could use the flavored type of oatmeal, I wouldn't think you could use any of the flavors with cinnamon in it though, since that can irritate the skin.