This is not 100%

LovelyLathers

I guess I'm not sure what your question is. Are you asking if Zeb lye is 100% lye? Or are you stating that it's not?

Either way, if you are not sure that it is 100% and it isn't listed anywhere on the lableing, IMO don't use it. You may get lucky and your soap would turn out fine, or you may not. I wouldn't want to take that chance, especially if you have your oils shipped. All that wasted effort, not to mention money if it doesn't turn out? Nope, not worth it to me on a "maybe".

HTH. :)

I also buy lye in bulk, 50 pounds at a time. But when I first started making soap, I went to Lowes and bought "Roebic Heavy Duty Crystals." It is 100% lye (sodium hydroxide) not mixed, like some other drain cleaners are, with aluminum shavings. Some companies like Drano use aluminum to help deter the meth heads from using it. Too bad we have to use lye too. Some junkies spoil everything for good people! Try your Lowes for the Roebic. It is $7.88, or there about, for a 2 pound plastic jug. I went to my Lowes this afternoon for materials to make more of my wood Convertible molds. Hope this helps!:wink2: