M&P sweating

friendlyMOM

Are they wrapped? If they are, unwrap them and let them dry out a bit.

If they are not, hmmm how long has it been since they were made?

I have noticed that if I punch a hole in my shrink wrap/bags or whatever that they don't tend to sweat after they're wrapped-I guess just letting them "breathe" a bit helps out with that. ??

Do you live in a high humidity climate? If so, that may be the culprit. I live in an arid, desert climate and I have never had an issue with my M & P sweating at all. I've been doing M & P for about 3 weeks or so. So far, so good. What I do is pour, then let cool to room temperature before sticking in the freezer for about 10 minutes, and then I unmold and set on a cookie rack to dry out. It takes my soap about 15 minutes to 1/2 hour to feel completely dry to the touch. They're a little bit damp when I first take them out of the mold because of being in the freezer I think, but then the sliminess totally disappears on my cookie rack in short time. I then shrink-wrap them. It works great. I've heard people who live in more humid climates stick their soap in a room with a de-humidifier and then shrink-wrap. Maybe some others who live in humid climates will chime in here confirm that. HTH, even in some small way. :)

MarieJeanette

the mp was from Micheals and I made them a few weeks back before I moved and they were fine till we got here, I checked them right before I was gonna ship them and they have globs of clear stuff on them. Think from now on will buy the low sweat from online somewhere, cause think they are ruined.

I think putting them in the freezer causes more sweating. I never put mine in the freezer, I leave them overnight to harden, unmold, let them dry out a bit on a rack near or over the AC vent, then wrap and I never have a problem. I live in NC and its very humid here. I think the quality of the base makes a difference too.

I think putting them in the freezer causes more sweating. I never put mine in the freezer, I leave them overnight to harden, unmold, let them dry out a bit on a rack near or over the AC vent, then wrap and I never have a problem. I live in NC and its very humid here. I think the quality of the base makes a difference too.

same for me, its a sauna here daily, I dry completely in molds, the put them on rack near fan, then package. I never package them in plastic either..