MP Coloring Brown??

gloworm

You will have to play around, but here is what you can do. Blend red and green together until you have a good shade of brown. Adding orange with just a tad of yellow will brighten it up and give you that carmel look that you want. For chocolate colored soap you will forget about using the orange and yellow. Blend separately and then add it to your soap. What you blend separately will be darker than your finished soap. Hope this helps.

Good suggestions you've already received, but also, do you have a Walmart nearby? If so, you should try the wilton colorants, they have TONS of colors and they color really well.

I just bought brown and black the other day but haven't used them as of yet, so can't say but I've been thinking and thinking of what soap I can make brown and black. ;)

What's the scent you're using if you don't mind me asking? I'm just wondering where the "shades of brown" idea came from??

Cocoa Powder should work too. That or you could also use the unsweetened baking chocolate. Like others have said you can blend red and green to achieve brown, but at the very best I find that makes mud. lol I would think there are spices that also could work. You may want to snoop around the spice aisle at your grocery to see what you can find :)

Red and green together will make mud if you use too much green. :D These two colors can make some very nice shades of brown with a little bit of work. I do it all the time. I would absolutely LOVE it if a supplier made a gorgeous chocolate colored liquid color. I have never seen this anywhere.

What's the scent you're using if you don't mind me asking? I'm just wondering where the "shades of brown" idea came from??

We just got a new Chocolate Turtle Cheesecake Fo at Backwoods and I am trying it out. I did the green & red thingy. Not really mud but not really dark chocolate either. Kind of chocolate pudding :D . It'll do. Thanks again all.

Glo

You should try the wilton colorants, they have TONS of colors and they color really well.

I just bought brown and black the other day but haven't used them as of yet, so can't say but I've been thinking and thinking of what soap I can make brown and black. ;)

Are you talking about the Wilton colorants that would be with the cake decorating stuff? Or do some Wal-Marts carry soap colors? I'm pretty sure ours doesn't because I'm always checking out the craft area there and haven't seen them.

TIA,

Jane

Yep, the wilton icing colorants, they work really well, at least the colors I've tried so far. ;)

EXCELLENT! I bought one of every color they had a while back to use in sugar scrubs and then forgot about it when I made my scrubs last night. :o

But I still have to make my shea soap..so I think I will dip into those.

Michi how much would you add to get a nice bright pink in say a 3# batch? Looks like a little goes a LONNNNNNGG way..but curious how much you have been able to work with and how they came out.

I just bought the pink the other day so haven't used it yet (plan on using it today though ;) ) but I use a toothpick and for that light beige color I got on that OMG log I recently did, I think I dipped the end in 3 times in the dark brown to get that color.

It's hard to gauge I think, cuz it's a gel and everyone is going to grab a different amount on their toothpick, KWIM?? I just stick my toothpick in and swirl it around and make sure there are no "big" globs on it, but that the end is totally covered. Hope that makes sense?? ;)

I'll let you know how the pink turns out.

So in other words. These will last a life time. :grin2:

I was wondering how well they held up in MP..I use them for sugar scrub and I barely dipped the end of a toothpick in the pink..for Pink Shuga..and got a very vibrant pink. :D Hope I can get that same color in my MP ..think I am going to do a batch of it tonight.