How to start shipping

Brooke

I use USPS for several reasons. They're convenient -- I can print my shipping labels online and get free delivery confirmation. Then I can schedule free pick up. The priority boxes are free and also delivered to my door when I order them online.

But the bottom line is price. For typical orders I ship, USPS is cheapest for my customers. The flat-rate priority boxes (8.5 x 11) are the perfect size for most of my retail orders, and they save my customers money by being cheaper than a regular priority box would be 95% of the time. Most of the time, my customers receive their orders within 2 business days after I ship, 3 at most.

No shipper is perfect and without the occasional glitch. But USPS has a great track record for me.

I use USPS most of the time as well..

Free boxes, tape, labels, you can print online and if you have a good scale you can do it all and then just drop it at the PO..and delivery confirmation is free if you do it online...vs paying at the PO..plus they are paypal friendly :wink2:

Click n ship is EASY..set up an account and you are on your way..if you can post on this board you can click n ship.:D

I have used UPS..and they broke most of my orders..:mad: PITA

FedEx would be great if there was a place near me I could drop at otherwise I have to pay $10 for a pickup..NOPE...we used them at work..and they were the best rates as far as regular pricing is concerned.

Have yet to try DHL..not sure if there is a drop location near my home/biz to do it. :undecided If they are anything like Airborne..not going to even try them...hopefully the name change came with other changes.

Make sure you pack your boxes the best you can..peanuts..paper..bubble wrap whatever it takes...a few extra cents in packing supplies can make up for a WHOLE lot of headache of reshipping from breakage and filing claims for it...and sometimes the packing don't even help.

Wonderful :rockon:

That is just what I needed to know.

How the shipping process works....

I just love my advisory board. LOL

You know I have been thinking about giving you a raise :laugh2:

Maybe a day off......

There just hasn't been enough in the funds yet to treat you..... LOL

Supplies are always on top piority list..........

However I can give you a (at,a,boy) :highfive:

Appreciation Award, :thumbsup:

And of course You are the best :bow:

Over a year ago I got a UPS account.Was starting a website.That was put on hold.Also seemed to be so much figuring with UPS.

So after reading posts and also checking my PO I went with USPS.I have one about 1 1/2 miles from me and if not a big order I can take it myself.Also convenient because I can ask questions and I have alot.My site is up now for 2 months but no orders.At least I know where to go if I do have questions.I ordered boxes and labels on-line and got those fast.

So for big order it is USPS and for my real small things I just mail FREE.Add a few cents to cost of product to make up for envelope and mailing.Not alot though.

LynnS

Hey I almost forgot..

You can schedule FREE pickups with USPS as well :wink2:

...on the website under your buisness account when you sign up. You don't even need to leave your house..I put a note on the comments to pick up on my side porch because the wheather does not get to them on that porch.