Oki Printer Users/Other Laser Printer Owners -- Help

smellywax

Okay, so I bought the Oki C3200N since several of you recommended it. But it isn't until I have it set up that I find out it doesn't work on Glossy paper...I had to go online searching their site to find this out...doesn't say anything about this on the box. Do none of you use glossy photo paper? Any other Laser Printer owners out there that use glossy paper...what printer do you have?:undecided

Are you printing on glossy labels/paper SPECIFICALLY for laser printers? It they are for ink jet, they are specially coated and will cause problems, and can damage the printer.

The only media I know of for sure that will not work with my Oki is most clear labels, as the labels will melt at the high fuser temps. Haven't been able to find a brand that is rated to a high enough temp.

Are you printing on glossy labels/paper SPECIFICALLY for laser printers? It they are for ink jet, they are specially coated and will cause problems, and can damage the printer.

The only media I know of for sure that will not work with my Oki is most clear labels, as the labels will melt at the high fuser temps. Haven't been able to find a brand that is rated to a high enough temp.

Yes the glossy paper is for laser printers. My clear labels worked fine. On the Oki website it says they dont currently support glossy media:(

You can call too and talk to an Oki rep, they were really helpful to me.

Be careful with the clear labels- they can ruin the fuser over time, as the temps get really hot. What brand/supplier do you use for them? I'd love to find one that works!