HELP w/covers for Wide Mouth Masons

I was going to add the wide mouth masons to my line, and get the rusty wide mouth covers from BCN. Today I happened to be in a shop that had the wide mouth mason candles with similar tops (they were black, bcn doesn't carry black, just the rust and zinc). Many of the lids were sorta half on and half off. They are very difficult to screw on right. Is this typical with these types of lids on the wide mouth masons? The black lids looked identical to the ones BCN has, only in different colors. I'm hoping someone can tell me if they use the ones from BCN with better luck. This display of candles looked really bad with the caps like this.

Thanks!

Liz D.

These are the type of lids that I have for my 8 oz square mason jars. They work just fine. I would imagine that the same people that can't take the time to screw the lids properly back on the display candles in the store are the same people that leave their shopping carts sitting in the parking spaces. :smiley2:

http://www.candlescience.com/containers/gold-jelly-lid/

P.S. They also have the black ones. I suppose that the jars that you were looking at may have wider mouths than the 8 oz but if this is the *same type* of lid that you saw, they should still work for those who work them. :wink2:

These are the type of lids that I have for my 8 oz square mason jars. They work just fine. I would imagine that the same people that can't take the time to screw the lids properly back on the display candles in the store are the same people that leave their shopping carts sitting in the parking spaces. :smiley2:

http://www.candlescience.com/containers/gold-jelly-lid/

P.S. They also have the black ones. I suppose that the jars that you were looking at may have wider mouths than the 8 oz but if this is the *same type* of lid that you saw, they should still work for those who work them. :wink2:

Unfortunately, I don't think these lids will work with the wide mouth mason jars. But as far as the wide-mouth lids from BCN, I don't know how well they fit on wide-mouths either...I would personally call BCN or e-mail Doneen and ask this question specifically...she'll be honest with you.

wookie130,

You are right. The regular jelly jar lids do not fit the wide mouth masons. I use the regular 8 oz & 16 oz masons and love the lids. People put them back on just fine. It's the WIDE mouth mason jars that I've seen that the lids are very difficult to get on. You just give up and sorta get annoyed and move on, not wanting to spend your time struggling with the lid of every candle you decide you want to sniff. The wide mouth are more *decorative* lids that are thicker and they don't just glide on like the regular jelly lids. I'm hoping it's just that particular lid though, and that BCN's will fit nicer.

I'll email Doneen!

Thanks,

Liz D.