cure time

I've done some searching but...

I've seen that comfort blend needs to cure for 3 to 7 days depending on the scent and that GB 415 needs to cure 7 to 14 days depending on the scent. So what do you think would be a happy median for blending these two as far as cure time goes? I have such a difficult time waiting...

TIA

Jennifer

I know for myself, (I don't use this blend, but do use a 50/50 wax) that after 24 hrs if I can't get a decent throw, I usually don't use the oil. IF at 24 hrs the throw is decent, I then test again at about 4 days or a week---it is usually even better. There are many oils that will throw awesome at the get go, and just blossom after a weeks cure time. Any oil that requires a couple weeks just wouldn't cut it for me, as I make my candles to order usually, and I don't have the time to cure that long

I've done some searching but...

I've seen that comfort blend needs to cure for 3 to 7 days depending on the scent and that GB 415 needs to cure 7 to 14 days depending on the scent. So what do you think would be a happy median for blending these two as far as cure time goes? I have such a difficult time waiting...

TIA

Jennifer

I won't use an FO that needs a long cure time. I don't have the time or patience to wait. Pour your candles and test when you are ready. Just because some might say you have to cure 3-7 days or 7-14 days does not mean that you have to wait that long to test or that they need that long to cure to get a throw. Some FOs need longer times than others but nothing is set in stone. :wink2: