How is NG Huckleberry?

Jordan

I like it, but I am still seeking for "the one" too. It is one of those where I will know it when I smell it. :wink2: I have MMS's but need to test burn it. It seems really strong (too strong) -- cold throw. I may have to cut back on the FO %.

Holly--

Is it a realistic fruity scent, or more on the candy side? I am looking for a nice realistic juicy berry----like we pick over here in the mountains ;)

Gee, you know, I am not real sure how real "fresh" huckleberries smell. lol You would think I would know since I live here in WA. :o I just ate a salad the other day with Huckleberry dressing and it was pretty tart. I would say NG's is between fruity and candy. I know that I have smelled a lot of Huckleberry products here but for some reason I can never remember the exact smell of them. Ok, I just smelled my bottle of Huckleberry Harvest again from NG and I think it would lean more towards the candy side than the true Huckleberry side. It is nice but if you want the "real" smell it may not be it for you. Have you smelled a Huckleberry candle from another candle company that you like. That may give me more of an idea of what you are looking for. MMS's one may be more realistic, but I am not real sure on that one either. :undecided

I loved Gold Canyon's Huckleberry even though it was not really a straight true Huckleberry. They discontinued it. Darn! I do have an unburned candle of it. I may get it duped. This is my friend's favorite Gold Canyon candle and she would love it it I found the same one.

Good luck in your search and if I run across a real winner I will post it.

Yeah, I think I will pass on NG's then. Thanks! For some reason most of their oils seem fakey to me....especially the fruit and bakery scents. Not sure what it is, but they are not 'it' for me....maybe it is my wax, just not sure. Right now I only use three scents from NG--old fashioned banana pudding, butter brickle, and pumpkin crunch cake.

Yeah, I think I will pass on NG's then. Thanks! For some reason most of their oils seem fakey to me....especially the fruit and bakery scents. Not sure what it is, but they are not 'it' for me....maybe it is my wax, just not sure. Right now I only use three scents from NG--old fashioned banana pudding, butter brickle, and pumpkin crunch cake.

Yeah, I don't have as much luck with them either as others do. The bottle of Huckleberry that I have is from when I first started making candles -- paraffin days -- before soy days. So far, the only one that I use is Sweet Potato Pie. I have three older bottles of Moonlight Path, Huckleberry and Pink Sugar. They do not seem spoiled yet, so I may still use them in my paraffin. I will test them again to make sure. I have two smaller bottles of Twigs & Berries and Lime Cilantro. I never really added the Twigs to my line and the LC gave me fuel. I may just finish them in clamshells. I will be adding the Pumpkin Crunch Cake most likely. It does smell pretty yummy and is giving me a great throw. :)

Yeah, I don't have as much luck with them either as others do. The bottle of Huckleberry that I have is from when I first started making candles -- paraffin days -- before soy days. So far, the only one that I use is Sweet Potato Pie. I have three older bottles of Moonlight Path, Huckleberry and Pink Sugar. They do not seemed spoiled yet, so I may still use them in my paraffin. I will test them again to make sure. I have two smaller bottles of Twigs & Berries and Lime Cilantro. I never really added the Twigs to my line and the LC gave me fuel. I may just finish them in clamshells. I will be adding the Pumpkin Crunch Cake most likely. It does smell pretty yummy and is giving me a great throw. :)

PCC is a great oil. I know lots of folks love NG, sell the others on the classifieds. :wink2:

To me it smells like grape Bubble Yum. Kids like it but was never a big seller for me.
Sounds gross----thanks for the heads up! Guess I am back to searching again....is there a decent huckleberry out there? I heard Aztec was good, but they discontinued it.

• 6 months later...

I gasped when you said that their bakery scents smelled fake, because the pumpkin crunch cake is so fantastic... but then you said you liked that one. Whew! :D

LOL,

I love that one too, it is excellent. In fact I made myself a couple tarts today so I could smell it :) But I do agree that many of the scents are fakey smelling, they are hit and miss for me. When they are good they are REALLY good! My new fav from NG is Margarita, it is delicious! I have a sample of Huckleberry, and to me it is not realistic at all. Sorry!