Can anyone help me with Paypal's shopping cart?

I want to add a "no shipping" option at checkout for my local customers. I've read and re-read Paypal's help center(not so much help) and I still can't figure out what it's talking about. I manually set up the rest of the html code for multiple options(scents, sizes, etc) and the Add to Cart buttons, so I'm somewhat familiar with the html code.

Here's what paypals site says about editing shipping address options:

"In the HTML code, find the variable <input type="hidden"name="no_shipping"value="2">.

Sounds simple enough, but I can't find this line in any of my code....what am I missing?? There isn't anything about shipping in my code.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as I'm about to pull my hair out with this !@#$% paypal cart :)

TIA!

Wish I could help....I use paypal cart too and I couldn't figure it out....I just told all my locals to contact me and I could send them an invoice so they wouldn't be charged shipping.

If you do figure it out...PLEASE let me know!

Well, after about 4 hours of reading many many html codes and the paypal developers forum, I still haven't figured it out completely. It can be done several ways, but none of which I really like and it take some knowledge of Java which I don't have.

I think I'm going to go another route and just add a 3rd party cart to my site that will allow me to do that pretty easily. I haven't decided between zencart and oscommerce yet.

Jen, I did find several html codes that might help you out. PM me and I'll send them to ya if you'd like and I can probably talk you through most of it.

When you are in the paypal shopping cart it will give an option on the check out page about shipping.

Go to your profile and there will be a link on " shipping prefs"

It has nothing to do with your site or adding additional coding.

It will say on the chek out " no shipping required and the customer just checks the box and shipping will be taken off.

HTH

No can anyone help me with that on line form I need? LOL:laugh2:

Tweek - I'm not finding anything on the shipping preferences page.

I read tons and tons of threads on the paypal developers site and many people had asked about the same thing and everyone working for paypal said it wasn't possible.

I'm not by any means saying you're wrong, I'm just still not seeing any option at all that will allow me to change that.

Well, after about 4 hours of reading many many html codes and the paypal developers forum, I still haven't figured it out completely. It can be done several ways, but none of which I really like and it take some knowledge of Java which I don't have.

I think I'm going to go another route and just add a 3rd party cart to my site that will allow me to do that pretty easily. I haven't decided between zencart and oscommerce yet.

Jen, I did find several html codes that might help you out. PM me and I'll send them to ya if you'd like and I can probably talk you through most of it.

Hey again,

Just tried to send you another PM...but wont let me.

Anyways...I did customize my html codes...forgot to mention that!