how much is enough?

i'm trying to scent a candle, everything i read says 1oz FO to 1lb wax. that seems like an awful lot once i melted down the 1lb of wax to test it on. i don't want to use too much and have it pool on the bottom of the candle since i'm making a pillar. any advice?

i'm trying to scent a candle, everything i read says 1oz FO to 1lb wax. that seems like an awful lot once i melted down the 1lb of wax to test it on. i don't want to use too much and have it pool on the bottom of the candle since i'm making a pillar. any advice?

1oz to a lb of wax is generally the rule of thumb for a strong scented pillar, you can use less but your throw will be weaker, your oil shouldn't pool to the bottom if you have mix it well at the right temp.

it's my tester wax, it was a gift from my husband, a 10 lb block from michael's crafts. i don't know much agout it, as there's nothing on the label except premium candle wax. i wanted to try a few things out with it before i got REAL wax and tried to make decent ones. gotta love him for trying though!

I think that wax is made by a company called yaley. Other than that I know nothing about it except that when I saw it, I thought that it was highly overpriced..:wink2:

It's probably a straight refined paraffin that likely will hold only about 3% fo without additives, which would be close to 1/2 oz fragrance oil per pound of wax.

I think that vybar 103 would raise the retention percentage quite a bit higher.