making a log mold

idacandlelady

If you dont mind my asking, did your DH make yours a solid box or are the sides hinged? I want to make one and want to do it as simply as possible(for my first one). Just curious if the soap will come out if the sides don't open.

Hubby made me one. I looked at a few molds online, took the inner dimensions and set him free with it. To find out how much it held.. is height x width x depth x .4 will tell you how much in ounces.

Good Luck!

If you dont mind my asking, did your DH make yours a solid box or are the sides hinged? I want to make one and want to do it as simply as possible(for my first one). Just curious if the soap will come out if the sides don't open.

Mine is a solid box. I use freezer paper in it, then lift the soap by the paper to get it out of the box. I didn't want to fool with loose hinges, etc. Espically with my first mold. :D If ya want, I can post a picture of it. It's pretty simple, but works just fine.

I used that link also that Eugenia gave to get dimensions and had hubby make a solid box. Worse comes to worse and you cant get the soap out you could just remove a few screws and take off a side or two. Sandy

My husband made one from those crabapple instructions and managed to change the dimensions. I can still use it but theres extra trimming involved. I ordered two and will probably make the rest(wood or plastic) from those. I was using a plastic freezer tray and boxes and I hardly ever got gel. I think I prefer it when it doesn't gel. :undecided

My dad me me one from wood. I line it with freezerpaper -- the sides dont open but check it out...

This'>http://www.candletech.com/cgi-local/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=bandbgallery;action=display;num=1116458354;start=

This is exactly what I was looking for. I had seen it before but couldn't find it again. Thanks all of you for the help and advice.