Rubber stamps for images.

Braveheart

I know your not supose to use copyrighted images for our graphics, designs, labels, etc. I was just wonder what about rubber stamps, can they be used to stamp a image? Wouldn't those be public domain, not subject to copyright? I could understand if it is a custom design sold just by one person. But if it is a common design sold all over would it be the same?

I sell my candles under the name Elk River Candles. I came across a few large elk stamps that I thought would work great for decorating gift boxes.

• Like 1

It all depends on the company that sells the rubber stamps.. TAC (The Angel Company) you can sell items you make using their stamps as long as the images are handstamped...for example you can't make a picture with the stamps and photocopy it for mass production. There are some companies however that will only let you use their stamps for resell if you give them credit for the images, as well as some that won't let you use it at all. So you'd have to check with each company before you used their stamps. HTH

Ditto what she said. Rubber Stamp companies can be quite picky about their designs, and they also limit them to hand stamping, no mechanical reproduction at all. Many will have some kind of angel policy, but they limit that too. You have to give them credit, and only allowed to sell handmade cards, etc....it is pretty tricky to get around.

If you are buying a rubber stamp off of a website and they state their policy, by purchasing their stamp, then you're bound to follow the implied agreement by your purchase. However, if you purchase a rubber stamp from Hobby Lobby, with no instructions or limitations stated, I would think you should be able to use them as you please, unless you see a copyright mark on it or something.