Foot Soak Ingredients

MsDammit

My friend gave me some of her foot soak that she is always raving about. I tried it and it's some great stuff but really expensive- around twenty bucks for 6oz. Well here's the ingredients list: Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Rosemary Leaf Powder, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Cornstarch, Peppermint Oil, Spearmint Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil. :undecided I have no idea what alot of these ingredients are(from glycolic acid to Tridecyl trimellitate), can anyone help?

My friend gave me some of her foot soak that she is always raving about. I tried it and it's some great stuff but really expensive- around twenty bucks for 6oz. Well here's the ingredients list: Sodium Chloride, Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Rosemary Leaf Powder, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Cornstarch, Peppermint Oil, Spearmint Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil. :undecided I have no idea what alot of these ingredients are(from glycolic acid to Tridecyl trimellitate), can anyone help?

Right off hand....i know the glycolic, lactic, malic, and salicylic acids are all chemical exfoliants. We use some of these acids during the facials in the spa I work at. They are very good exfoliants.

I have to look up the rest. give me a few minutes and I will see what I can come up with.

Tridecyl Stearate= Fatty Alcohol Ester

Tridecyl Trimellitate, = skin conditioning agent or a thickening agent

I could not find out what the others ingredients are.

Hope this helps.

Here's some more info on the ingredients:

Uniester L-197- Tridecyl stearate, tridecyl trimellitate, Dipentaerythrityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate

Viable mid-viscosity mineral oil replacement, excellent emolliency, good solvency for skincare and suncare

Uniester L-216--Tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, tridecyl trimellitate

Viable low-viscosity mineral oil replacement, excellent emolliency, good solvency for skincare and suncare

Uniester L-278--Dipentaerythityl hexacaprylate/hexacaprate, tridecyl trimellitate, tridecyl stearate, neopentyl glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate

Viable high-viscosity mineral oil replacement, excellent emolliency, good solvency for skincare and suncare

SP

Bunny has a wonderful foot soak under the recipe section. You should research it, and try making it ...the ingredients are simple/understandable (no big words that you can't pronounce let alone know what they mean~LOL). It would be interesting to see how it compares to this expensive one. I've found that sometimes simple is better! :wink2:

I lack a few of the ingredients for Bunnys recipe, but I did try Shannons foaming foot soak recipe, and unfortunately the expensive one won.:undecided I was hoping that I could make one similiar without all those ingredients-geez you're right, alot of them I can't pronounce.

Thanks for all the links mbrown.:)