Curious

Scented

OK I soaped Hunter's Moon last night. Read TSRB (the Scent Review Board) and two people said it discolored to mauve and accelerated.

So how long am I gonna have to wait on a color change lol? Like I used neon purple that turned to strawberry red (which sucked), but then the color seems to have disappeared on first peek this a.m. So if a soap is going to discolor, is there like a set time frame for it to oh happen? Like a week? A month? What? (I wasn't born with patience and never got patience as a birthday gift either lol)

Next question.

IF preliminary reports indicate a scent to accelerate somewhat or rapidly, that would mean soap at low temps right for best control?

Would that also suggest that maybe you shouldn't water discount either?

Personally I think the two people who soaped Hunter's Moon were crazy lol. It didn't accelerate on me at all (seriously), but then I was thinking maybe the diff might have been that I soaped cool.

Last question -- because I'm tired of playing with recipies -- if a recipe calls for say 143.9 g of lye, in this instance would you go up to 144 or stay down at 142? Typically I round up anything over .5, but I haven't soaped in awhile to remember what I did with the lye.

If it is going to change color it will do most of that once it is out cut and out in the air. It may take as much a a month totally finish getting darker.

Yes if a soap was going to accelerate, I would soap cooler and use full water, but just because someone else says it does, doesn't mean it will for you, I have had reviews that say it accelerates or it rices, or it is fine and it acts toatally different when I soap it. Also I have learned oven hot process so if I get into trouble I just hp it.

For Lye I always round down. HTH :D

Thanks.

Man the color changing ain't happening FAST enough lol. This is mighty ugly, but no biggie. I can make some men use it just for an idea of what they think of the smell.

Will be curious to see what blue and yellow change to when I try this again.

The reason an fo might accelerate on one person and not another? Lots of factors there.

1. People use different recipes. Some ingredients tend to move faster than others.

2. People soap at different temps. Already covered here.

3. Some people just define "accelerate" differently. I have had an fo behave perfectly fine when I added it, only to turn my back for a few seconds and see the soap batter is suddenly as thick as pudding. LOL Some folks might therefore say this fo accelerates. Another person might not notice this because they poured quickly -- no swirls or anything -- and the batter was already in the mold before it thickened up quickly. KWIM?

And yes, some D takes several weeks to finish doing its thing. I agree with the others.