C-3 Users I've got a ? for you

I need a starting point for 16 oz jj (regular) useing C-3 wax. I've been pulling wicks out left and right and ready to start with my hair next (lol). I just haven't found one that I like the way it burns. So far I've tried CD 12, CD 16, Eco 14, HTP 126. I want to get these tested to sell by fall craft shows.

TIA Cindy/WI

Are you doubling wicking this jar? I don't know the diameter of a 16oz. jj but I would think it would be over 3" and advice I've read on the board is to double wick over this size if single wick doesn't work well. I like CDR or LX for this wax with a 2wk cure time. Either embrace the appearance issues when it frosts after burning or stick in a tin :smiley2: .

No not double wicking, it's not a wide mouth jar so I think double wicking would be to much. Never tried zinc wick with this wax, but do have some here so maybe I'll give them a try. Have tried RRD's and didn't think I got much of a scent throw from them in C 3 but the C 2 they worked awesome. I've been useing CD's mostly but just haveing a hard time with this jar. I normally use 9 oz Victorian, 8 oz jj and 28 oz apothecary this is just a new jar for me and driving me nut. Thanks for all your help I'll just keep pulling wicks till I find the one that works best for me. Thanks, Cindy/WI

Thanks KFTS I will try that one too. Yes I do level the tops with my "best friend" lol, the heat gun. Thanks again!!! Cindy/WI

try the CD14, looks like you skipped that one. Also, make sure you level the top back out after stick a new wick in there.

Are you doubling wicking this jar? I don't know the diameter of a 16oz. jj but I would think it would be over 3" and advice I've read on the board is to double wick over this size if single wick doesn't work well. I like CDR or LX for this wax with a 2wk cure time. Either embrace the appearance issues when it frosts after burning or stick in a tin :smiley2: .

That the size jar I use and I single wick it. I hate anything with a double wick!