MP Soap Question

Erin

Do you ever need to add a preservative to MP soap due to certain additives? If so, which additives and what would be the preservative of choice? Also, when a MP soap says it's made with real cucumbers, can that really be? Full of questions today. Thanks for your help.

Erin

And you don't have to preserve the soap when using a real cucumber? How can that be? I guess I could understand it a little better with the CP method but not MP. Through my journey with this stuff, I've read so much conflicting info that it becomes difficult to know what is right and wrong at times. Guess that's why I'm here, to learn from the people in the trenches. Thanks for setting me straight soapermom! :)

well, you have to play and test and experiment to see what works, and what percentages work.

Really I have soaped most everything I can get my hands on, and the tricks have been more in percentages than the actual additive..and of course time plays a key role as well.

I mean I havent had a cucumber soap sit around for 1 year too see if it eventually turned brown or rotted in anyway, it gets used up to quickly..

Anyhoo, this wasn't one of my regular shop soaps, I try anything and everything..after you conquer the basics, you just keep pushing the limit to see what else!!

The best advice I've ever been given here (and I still get lots) is to just try it and see how it goes! And you know, the things I'm most excited about are daring steps I took that ACTUALLY WORKED (of course there were zillions that didn't....).