Strahl & Pitsch SP-487p???

Say's it's "all natural crystalline container blend". Have had it for a couple of years and just poured a candle. NG Raspberry Zinger at 1.5 pp 1 d pink into 8oz statis? jar, CD14. Been burning for 3 days straight. No soot, no mushrooming, no need to trim, very cleen jar only a thin trace here and there. This is the best burning candle I have ever seen. The wick in great, I can smell it but I'm no judge of throw but going to give to my tester and see what she says. When I poured, hot, it had the lines etc. like the one from Peir 1. and got all crystal looking. Has anyone used this wax?

Mixing it with soy to see what it does.

I have used the S& P waxes. Just like any waxes, some FO's throw well in them and some don't. When I mixed it with soy, I did not get a very attractive looking candle. It makes a very pretty candle on it's own though, wicks similar to the palm wax.

I have never messed with Palm wax so in general does it throw well? This candle is almost done, 72 hrs straight and still no soot, never trimmed the wick. I'm impressed.

Poured one tart .7 soy/cottonseed and .3 S&P, Sun Rippened Rasp several drops pink. Just reheated the top and it dried smooth and no white haze. Just got a new batch of GF435 so maybe it's just a good batch so going to try adding S&P to some soy I have already made up that is drying out.

Poured 2 candles 1 tart with 1 oz of S&P to 16 oz new Soy. Poured hot 185* no frosting, and 100* it has frosting, go figure??? Burning the frosted one to see if it gets a lighter burning line. Already heated the tart and it didn't get the whitish look.

In general it throws better than palm IMO, but like with any wax, it has the FO's that throw well and some that don't. It does make a beautiful candle and I still have some of that wax that I want to play around with some more when I find the time. I never had any sooting, but had to keep the wicks trimmed down well or I got torches, LOL!

I'm going to make a couple up. I'm donating some candles for a Breast Cancer fund raiser. This looked so pretty in pink and did you say it throws better after curing? Since this burned so good in this jar I'm going to try these wider jars that I bought a couple of years ago. They're a wide frosted appothcary, 10 oz. Maybe I could get by with one wick.

• 4 months later...
I was thinking about trying this wax. How did your candle ever end up turning out? Where did you get this wax from? I went to their website and it didn't really look like I could purchase from it. TIA for the help!!

I bought it from the company several years ago also got some of their veg. votive blend. That stuff is really nice. Not sure who sells it cause they change the name of the wax to their own. I asked S&P who sold their votive wax and they would not tell me. This was several years ago so they may have changed. I suspect suppliers say it's their own blend so don't know what your buying. Buying from S&P was not cheaper I just wanted to save on shipping.

Mixing the wax with soy didn't help the frost issue it just delayed it a little bit. Never did try the 4" dia. jars, ran out of time. And since I can't buy close to me have not tried it again. Does anyone know a supplier near KY or OH for the SP 487?