GW 464 wicking question

Hi all,

I'm currently using gw 464 with eco wicks and the candles burn very well, but was wondering if there was a "better wick" for this wax - especially when double wicking. I've searched the forums and came across a post that says that jason from golden brands isn't really into wicks. I'm wondering if you use this wax what are your results with other cotton wicks?

The jars i use are these:

http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?queries_index=index7&title_bar=16oz%20Country%20Comfort%20Jar&recordno=4&Product_CatalogID=2732&ProductNumber=g3497J&ProductCodeID=47&ProductSubCodeID=203&NewProduct=0

best regards,

kasie :D

so far I have tried the LX's and the RRD's. The RRD's are giving me a better throw/melt pool, but they do mushroom. Melissa @SoyCandle is sending me a few Stabilo's (CD's) to try.

I am working on single-wicking a dessert bowl that is 4" in diameter. So far I have successfully used an RRD 47 and an RRD 50 (2 different FO's)

Just thought I would post an update....in case anyone was trying LX's with this wax.

I posted I was testing the LX14's with 464 - we are now at the half-way point and the hot throw is still good, but one of my wicks has drowned out :undecided , so I will try wicking up and let you know what happens.

I am still having a hard time with the looks of soy wax....this one was made with JS Cinnamon Bun FO, and after it cools, it does resemble a cinnamon bun.......one that of my kids may have left under their bed for a year!:laugh2: But I am working really hard on "embracing" it and telling myself that this is what people have been asking for.....

Just thought I would post an update....in case anyone was trying LX's with this wax.

I posted I was testing the LX14's with 464 - we are now at the half-way point and the hot throw is still good, but one of my wicks has drowned out :undecided , so I will try wicking up and let you know what happens.

I am still having a hard time with the looks of soy wax....this one was made with JS Cinnamon Bun FO, and after it cools, it does resemble a cinnamon bun.......one that of my kids may have left under their bed for a year!:laugh2: But I am working really hard on "embracing" it and telling myself that this is what people have been asking for.....

its weird how what works for one wont another, I tried all of the lx wicks and lost scent after the 3 burn each time, glad its working for you

I know what you mean about kids I found an old take out box under my dd's bed yesterday...yuck! on the up side her room smells much better now:D

its weird how what works for one wont another, I tried all of the lx wicks and lost scent after the 3 burn each time, glad its working for you

I know what you mean about kids I found an old take out box under my dd's bed yesterday...yuck! on the up side her room smells much better now:D

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

As far as the LX's go, I will let you know what happens when I up the size. Also, this is the only scent I have tried with this wax. Either it is an exceptionally strong FO, or I just lucked out!