Hello

Hello,

Hello everyone. Newbie here. Just learning so bear with me. I am trying to find where I can get a beginner candle kit at a reasonable cost. I am wanting to make the rustic/primitive candles and use the silicone molds for gingerbread men, etc. and fixins. I love the ones I bought and really want to learn how to make them myself. Are the rosehips made of wax also or any tips on how to make your own? Thanks everyone and have a good day! Deb :wink2:

Hi Deb! Welcome to the board, you will find soo many things here it is unbelieveable!

at the top of this section there in a link called Helpful Links for Newbies and inside there you will find a link for Suppliers, lots of suppliers have great starter kits... www.peakcandle.com who sponsors this board has a great kit...their products are top notch...but of course thats just my opinion..lol

Good Luck and be sure to take (and post) lots of pictures no matter how you think your candle looks, I'm sure there are tons of people who can help lead you the right way...

Welcome to the world of candle making.

For candle starter kits you can try Peak Candle Supply they are the sponser of this site www.peakcandlesupply.com

Also check this link for suppliers close to your area to save on shipping http://www.candleandsoapstuff.com/Suppliers_by_State.html

Also learn to use the search feature on this site, it is at the top right of the page. You will find lost of info already asked.

Also check the helpful links for newbies http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698

Keep notes of everything you read and detail notes of every candle you make.

A note to remember candle making is not a quick process, you don't just melt wax add color, scent and wick. It is much more involved than that with lots of testing.

Always be safe, wax will catch fire. Use a double boiler to melt wax NOT direct heat.

Hope you have fun.

Candle Man

Thanks so much for your warm welcome and tips. I will check out the sites. I realize it will take time to learn but I am very interested. I may need to check out for any classes in my area. I am sure that would be a great help (which I need, lol). Thanks again. I keep you posted, lol. Deb :smiley2: