Do FOs that discolor CP also discolor M&P?

Marilyna

I've been making CP & HP soap for years, but recently my customers have been asking for kid's soaps. So, I want to make some clear M&P soaps using some kid type FOs. But I know lots of them turn brown in CP. I wanted to know if they'd also turn brown in Clear M&P?

Some of the ones I'm considering are: Cotton Candy, Bubble Gum, Strawberry, Watermelon, various Vanillas, and Pink Sugar.

Thanks for any advice!!

Marilyna

YES! YES! and YES! :cry2: unfortunately...... BUT you can use a vanilla stabilizer to stop/reduced the browning of these FOs in M&P (from WSP). The stabilizer works better in some discoloring FOs than others (or it may depend on the supplier you get the FO from and the amount of vanilla in it). HTH :)

Maryann,

thanks so much for answering even though it wasn't what I wanted to hear! Can you tell me if all of those scents do turn brown? I was thinking they all do, but wasn't sure about the Cotton Candy, Watermelon & Strawberry.