Bittercreek lip/body balm base?

pamperme

Have any of you used this? wondering if it would make a good gardener salve or not..maybe in a 4oz tin..thinking it would serve a multi purpose for me..lip balm/salve/and maybe a solid perfume..all packaged different of course.

Wondering on the quality and if you like the consistancy.

Have any of you used this? wondering if it would make a good gardener salve or not..maybe in a 4oz tin..thinking it would serve a multi purpose for me..lip balm/salve/and maybe a solid perfume..all packaged different of course.

Wondering on the quality and if you like the consistancy.

I use it and really like it. It's very versatile. I use it for lip balms, lotion sticks, bug repellant sticks, foot balm and solid perfume- so yes, I'm sure it would make a great salve!

Great! Have you all added anything to it other than Fragrance or color..maybe to make it a thinner products..like extra oils or anything...was wondering how solid it is? if maybe an oil added would make a thinner smoother lip product.

Hi there-

it is quite solid-it's a nice product and I have only used it for lip balms so far, but have considered use as a gardener's salve as well. I would not offer it in a 4oz tin though-I would do 1 or 2oz...

I have only flavored it as I haven't found colorings for lip balm use-I know they are out there, but haven't sold or produced enough yet to want to purchase them

Tracey

There is a recipe in the recipe section that say's it's an almost dupe of BC's.

Thanks but with me trying to do the shop on my own for a while without help I need quick and easy..lol..once things get rolling and I hire help later on..then I will move on to making from scratch..gonna do the base thing for a majority of the products for now.

Great! Have you all added anything to it other than Fragrance or color..maybe to make it a thinner products..like extra oils or anything...was wondering how solid it is? if maybe an oil added would make a thinner smoother lip product.

I add extra SAO and avacado butter to it for my foot balm to soften it up. I think it's perfect as is for a lip product but I'm sure adding extras wouldn't hurt!

I've tried it and it's okay IMO. I like my own lip balm recipe much better but then like you said you will probably start making from scratch later. Only thing that I can think of if you have decided to add extra stuff to it is where do you add it in your ingredients. I wanted to add some things to an already existing product and luckily the supplier was kind enough to help me as far as where to add it on my label. Have fun!

Maggie

Don't you think it's okay to list like this:

base (all of their ingredients in parentheses), shea butter, fragrance.... etc

After all, you see it on food products...

milk chocolate (list here), granola (list here), etc...

I would think anytime you use a ready-made product you count it as one percentage of your total and put that in the appropriate order with the rest of your additives. Sounds reasonable to me, anyway.:confused: