Paypal shopping cart and shipping calculator

tweek

Okay maybe someone can help me here.... I use paypal for my shopping cart and I maintain my web site myself. I am losing a ton of money in shipping, I just gave up on the % / flat rate on the total amount that paypal offers for shipping calculations so I just opted to do a flat rate of $8.75 no matter how big the order. Guess what, ship something across the country and you basically gave it away for free if it did not fit in a flat rate box.

Here is my question, does anyone know of a service or person that can properly install a shipping calculator that is compatible with the paypal shopping cart?

If no such thing exists then can someone recommend a shopping cart with a calculator that an idiot can install and maintain, because that idiot is me and as you can see I can barely spell here.:P

Well here is what i have - i recvd an order from Alaska & it was like .60 cents off so hope this helps; its sat up in my PayPal:

Cost - $6.00 Price Ranges $0.01 to $9.99

Cost - $10.00 Price Ranges $10.00 to $49.99

Cost - $15.00 Price Ranges $50.00 to $99.99

Cost - $25.00 Price Ranges $100.00 to $199.99

Cost $40.00 Price Ranges $200.00 to and up

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

~Carlena~

Ack! I feel your pain! Even the best shipping calculators can't be exactly precise every time. I charge a flat-rate of $8.10 because almost all my orders will fit into that flat-rate priority box. If you want to charge your customers exact shipping costs, the only thing to do is let them know on your website that shipping costs in their shopping cart are only an estimate, and you'll calculate once the order is packaged and get back to them with the correct total.

Estimating correct shipping rates is, unfortunately, NOT an exact science. LOL Good luck on your shopping cart! :)