Wick sizes

Hi! Just started reading this board and am still confused on the wich sizes and types. Are there any guidelines that you can start with>? I know that the frangrnce and wax type may cause you to have to wick up or wick down, but how do you know where to start? And how do you now if it's burning the rigt way. What book should I be reading that all of you probably already have?:yay: :yay:

Welcome to the board- love the screen name... LOL!

Wicking is mainly trial and error, and you will become more familiar with them in time and testing experience. Wicking is a learning curve. I would suggest buying sampler packs of wicks when you are determining a wick size for your application. This is a good starter link, but always test, and see what works best for you and your candle system- meaning type of wax, size of wick, container, colorant and fragrance oil load. Candlemaking can be rewarding and fun, but the testing part of it can not be overlooked. I can't stress this enough.

http://www.candlescience.com/learning/wick-guide.php