? About Keystones New pre-buy lids

Candle Man

What is the point with these new pre-buy lids they are offering? They have a star shape cut out of the lid, so to use this lid your not able to seal the jar because of the cut out. If you tried to use a metal canning seal it would not match the zink or rust lid.

post-219-139458406784_thumb.gif

post-219-139458406785_thumb.gif

Okay, how about these clear seals? (scroll to the bottom)

http://www.tayloredconcepts.com/accessories.htm

Adhesive tops wouldn't let the customer sniff the product.

The WSP discs are 2-5/8". The inside dimen of a regular mouth sq mason is 2-3/8". WSP doesn't say if their dimen is the bit that fits inside or if it is the outside dimen.

Out of curiosity I checked, and shipping on 144 from WSP to 5 states away is under $8.

To use it as a capper would hinder airflow to the point of fizzling wicks. Regular mouth masons are hard enough to keep burning to the bottom without wicks sputtering because of lack of airflow.

To answer the original question, the point of the lid is that someone will find the perfect application. Just because I might not have use for them doesn't mean someone else won't. The star cutout would have nothing to do with the flat lid sealing or not sealing. There are a lot of products I don't understand the point of, but I try not to let it bother me. I like them well enough that I might invent a reason to use them. They are not available until 2007 so I have several months to come up with something. I'm putting on my thinking cap. I'll let you know if I come up with anything useful. :)

The plastic disc from WSP looks like the ones I get from BCN to go under my Smelly Jelly lids; I don't have time to look them up right now but they're found with the smelly jelly lids and look like they would work for this purpose, too. By the way, I love the looks of the lids posted!