Liquid Soap

wildangel112

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm attempting my first batch of LS today. It's been cooking now for just over 1.5 hours with another 1-1.5 to go. I didn't think it would be this much fun. I just finished giving it a stir and was so excited to see bubbles. Wish I would have thought to take pics from the beginning, but..... If all goes well, I'll be posting pics of the finished product. Just wanted to share :)

The recipe I'm using is 50% coconut oil, 25% grapeseed oil, 20% rice bran oil and 5% castor.

Yep, it's a nice thick paste. I'm using the crockpot method posted here, http://www.ellensessentials.com/ . Just tried to get a paste shot, and d*mn camera batteries are dead :mad: . Called DH and chewed him out cause he was playing with it the other day. He'll be bringing batteries home this afternoon, so I can get pics of the end result, at least.

Is it a big paste slab yet? What method are you using? I use Cathy Failor's method and I cook it WAAAAAAY longer than the 3 hrs... I insulate with utility cloth's and both pot tops...

I've cooked longer than 3 hours too. It depends on the recipe. I created a recipe and brought it to trace before I put it in the crock and that one seemed to reach the paste/gel stage faster.

take pic's!! :yay:

I posted pictures in the gallery of all the stages..I hope this isn't considered hijacking...not sure:embarasse

hijacking the whole forum? No way...... that's a good thing, posting the pictures. I stored my paste in the fridge from last weekend... I took picture's up to that stage. I'll let you know when the complete process is on my yahoo 360 album... I have to go see your photo's......

hijacking the whole forum? No way...... that's a good thing, posting the pictures. I stored my paste in the fridge from last weekend... I took picture's up to that stage. I'll let you know when the complete process is on my yahoo 360 album... I have to go see your photo's......

I'm thinking I should make mine and store it as well. In fact I was thinking of doing that with my next batch:)