Cutting costs to create working capital

pamperme

Rachel, if so happen you don't have time to make bathbombs, I'm sure Kristineshower wouldn't mind you being wholesaler of some of her "bombs." :)

Rachel, I'm sure with the advice you're receiving it will help you make a sound decision on what should stay and what should go. Make sure to keep us posted on your opening day.

I wish you the best :).

Oh and as far as asking questions before - who the heck has all that extra time to keep tabs on what people are asking *SIGH* I certainly didn't see her ask this last week as well as most of us didn't & who cares anyway?

Sheesh, why so negative all the time?

Perhaps folks get tired of all the drama. You know the deal, been there, done that. None of this is new to Pamperme.

Oh well, I'm sorry that some of the members here "inconvenience" some of you.

Holy shit, yanno - I've been there done that too, but I don't mind sharing what I've learned (and I do share ALOT). That's why I joined this board - I thought that is why all people join these message boards.

"Perhaps folks get tired of all the drama."

Well, then keep it to yourself. Is it really necessary to purposely hurt another person's feelings?

I don't think I will ever understand the internet when it comes to manners - seriously! I mean if we were all in a room talking to each other, none of this would happen.

Sorry I had to come back to this because I forgot to say something.

I have seen countless posts on you have to do THIS and you have to do THAT to start a business. I've seen many newbies come on and want to start a small business and get blasted because they "weren't doing it right".

Pamperme is actually doing what she is supposed to and I'm sure she is scared and has no one to turn to but people who have been there. I can tell you RIGHT now that if I had access to all of these boards when I first started, I probably would have done alot better - but I was on my own and had to do alot of things by learning it myself.

For that, I was broke for a whole year (because I couldn't get things going fast enough), we were barely making our rent payments, eating mac and cheese...etc - for those of us that were there, know what it is like to not know if you will make enough money for the light bill next week.

I sure as hell will give out the advice that I learned to spare another small business owner that kind of misery.

I think the phrasing we're looking for is... "If you dont have something nice to say... say nothing at all" .. no need to post nasty comments sheesh, we're all adults.

I do however have to ask about the "WHAT??" comment on asking God where you should be. I totally agree she should ask. If she is a Christian - that should be her first direction. Clearly the initial comment came from a Christian - and it is our job as Christians to try to help point someone in the same direction. Now.. with that said.. please don't flame me for the religious remark. I'm a Christian and I'm proud of it, you won't change my mind. :yay:

I'm a Christian and I'm proud of it, you won't change my mind. :yay:

Good for you!

Like I said if this board is not here to ask these kinds of questions..then what is it for? If you are not here to participate in that you should not even be on here.

I want to thank you all for all the ideas..I have gone through everything..and am revising my plan and getting it ready..I found out today the SBA guy is going to the bank tomorrow(tues) the guy was on vaca last week and he did not go..but I have a co-signer as well so that is a bonus..and they loan officer is a very very good friend of the lady who will be my landlord..so things look promising.

I just made a list of all the scents I have in stock..and there are 49..plus I am out of 3 that I use alot..and 2 I need to put back in my list after reveiwing my sales. ugh.. some are very similar though so I can easily get rid of some.

After reviewing all this I realized how much time it takes to make each of these items..package, make labels and then label them..geesh..It is much better to reduce the product line until I can get more help.

I haven't started selling yet so I don't have any advice but I just want you to know that I'm really pulling for you and watching for all of your updates. And KristinesShower, you are very generous to help out. Funky Monkey...I think the "What?" comment had to do with someone coming here asking for the members on here to share their experience and advice, and not a bash against religion.

I'm sorry if i offend anyone with what I'm about to say, but just need to comment on the rudeness I see on these boards. I know I'm a newbie and all, but man, is it really necessary? it just seems to me, when people comment this way, that they are unhappy crabby people, that just need to make people feel as bad as they feel, to make themselves feel better. does that make sense? and i know some of the crabs will say, if i don't like it then don't look or whatever, but your crabbiness is not worth missing out on the great information i find here, by the great people willing to share!

Whether Christian or not, the comment about asking God instead of the board these questions came off 'sounding' a bit rude and unhelpful. It's like me saying to you, "HELLO?? The section she posted in is called 'BUSINESS DISCUSSION', and she is DISCUSSING something pertaining to her BUSINESS! COMPRENDE??" But I wouldn't do that because it just sounds rude, you know what I mean? I know, however, when typing something, it may not 'sound' as you mean it to sound. So hopefully, your intentions were not as it sounds initially, as that would be very UN-Christian-like.

And same about the comment on asking this question again, or having owned a business before and she should know the answers to her question, or something like that. Why would you ask for help if you don't need it? YOU DON'T! And so what if she asks again? It just means that she is still unsure, and a little more information wouldn't hurt! It's not like she asked you to write out her whole business plan or something like that. That question/comment was just super crabby and unnecessary. Relax!

The reason the board is here for is to be able to ask these questions, or so I thought.. and I thank all the people who were HAPPY to help, whether you are helping a newbie or a super forum member, as there is always room for improvement.

LOL, sorry.. it's late. Got another darn interview tomorrow and can't sleep again!!

I agree with all that you said EXCEPT (maybe I read this wrong - but just in case I didn't) that the comment about asking God was rude and unhelpful. The point of asking a question is to get replies on directions to check out. The person that suggested asking God - was just pointing out another direction she should search in. I don't think it was unhelpful, in fact, I feel it was very grounding. She has just as much right to post that as someone else would by saying " check your inventory and multiply it by FO then divide by EO then spin around twice and click your heels."

I'm not intending to start an argument. I don't have time for that. I just feel that everyone has a right to post an answer to a question they are asked, regardless of whether everyone else agrees with them or not.

check your inventory and multiply it by FO then divide by EO then spin around twice and click your heels."

Darn I wish that would work..lol:p

I have taken in pretty much everything everyone has said..and I have a done a pretty good job..I actually was able to make about $400 more worth of cash flow by eliminating a few items out of my inventory..which surprised me big time..plus a few other things that were not NECESSARY to open..

All I have to say is

THANK GOD! for Ikea..and the fact I live about 2 1/2 hours from WSP..when it is time we are going to take a trip up there to WSP and Natures Garden to get what we need...plus it will give hubby and I a day out together without the kids to talk and eat lunch together. :) That right there is going to save me big buck..my mock order was $189 in shipping from WSP..but I ordered most of my supplies from them. ..not bad BUT $50 for lunch and gas is better.:wink2:

I am still getting a cash register but office max has them for $125 with up to 10 department keys which 1. is great for keeping sales separate..bath & body, candles, gift baskets, lotion bar and clearance..2. I am going for a french boutique kinda feel so it looks more professional to me to have a machine for accuracy purposes..plus sales tax calculations

My scent list needs to go wayyyyyy down..I think once I get settled in I am going to post some oils on the classifieds..gonna see how people respond to the scents I will have in stock and I am going to do a questioneer and see what people want for the first month I am open. ..giving them a coupon for their time.

Darn now I have to find a new packaging idea for my bath bombs...not real happy with the tissue paper/ribbon/handtag thing..and I sooo hate shrink wrap.:rolleyes2..they do make great air fresheners that way though..have one in my bathroom closet and everytime I open it ..I smell pink sugar..yum

wont they kinda make a mess..you know little bits of them falling all over when people carry them around...hey that reminds me I need to find some nice handle baskets for people to shop with..it was on my to do list and never searched for them..pooh..

Guess I could put out some white paper bakery bags for them to put them in. I am going to go to a meatballer anyway..the ones in the ornament molds are just to darn big.

I guess having bath salts in self serve containers is going to make a mess to..gonna have to get a good vacuum.

OK ???? What about the ingredients? and directions for use? ok..second guessing the nakid..bath bombs

I sell mine naked and always have. I just recently put the egg cartons out (4, 6 and 12 packs) and if they want an ingredient list, all they have to do is ask, we keep them by the register.

Most customers will say - what is in this or what are these for anyway - no matter how many signs you post LOL

I agree with all that you said EXCEPT (maybe I read this wrong - but just in case I didn't) that the comment about asking God was rude and unhelpful. The point of asking a question is to get replies on directions to check out. The person that suggested asking God - was just pointing out another direction she should search in. I don't think it was unhelpful, in fact, I feel it was very grounding. She has just as much right to post that as someone else would by saying " check your inventory and multiply it by FO then divide by EO then spin around twice and click your heels."

I'm not intending to start an argument. I don't have time for that. I just feel that everyone has a right to post an answer to a question they are asked, regardless of whether everyone else agrees with them or not.

I absolutely agree that everyone has the right, as I have done with my opinion. And I would never see anything wrong with pointing anyone to the direction of God! just the part where it said 'why are you asking us..' was what i thought came off sounding rude. But like I said, it was probably not the intention of the writer to be rude. things typed can always be taken out of context. i apologize if i offended anyone. was tired and grouchy when i wrote that too.. woah, maybe i was the crabby this time, lol! truce? (also, sorry to pamperme for interfering in your thread. i'm out of it now. and much luck and success to you and your business!! even though you are stressed, you must be so excited! i know i would be!)

peace