grubby pillar and a question

KJohnson

So here is a small grubby pillar....I tied raffia around it..You see these every where..but my question is....do you put on the tag....remove raffia before burning??

Or wick it so it will have a shell left?? is that acceptable? will people be OK with a shell left so that they can keep the decoration?? Im all new to pillars..so forgive all the questions!!

post-1508-139458406733_thumb.jpg

1st - I think that's a very nice grubby. You did a good job!

As far as how it burns...I would think you would have a 'shell' otherwise the wax may melt on places we don't want it to be. You problably want that shell to be thick enough so you don't have a blowout! Just a thought...

Nice presentation!

IMO, ALWAYS put a caution on the label, no matter what. Because you never know....I recently gave some candles to some co-workers. A few days later I asked if they had remembered to remove the labels before burning and they were like "I didnt even think of that!" Duh! Paper is flammable! And it was on the label. You can never be too safe when it comes to fire. Very nice grubby though. I love that heart decoration, It goes perfectly.

Congratulations on the grubby! You do nice work.

Grubbies I like to underwick so they leave a glowing outer shell that burns. Just my preference. All of my candles come with a burning instruction card that comes home in the bag/box with it.

Beautiful grubby...was that made with silicone mold? I think you always need the warning labels...sometimes I do a printout of burning do's and don'ts. I don't think many people read the labels...especially small ones on the bottom of candles. If you put something large, such as a sheet of paper, sometimes they will notice and take the time to read it. I have done that before and they would read and say,"oh, I didn't know that". JMO! Ginger