A Newbie kinda question for CP???

Kymber

I have a really odd question and it is probably one that would be so obvious to all of you but being a newbie I am not sure. When I make CP soap and pour it into the mold....if have any left I pour it into smaller bar size molds. Well I cover them all with towels so they are well insulated and can do their work gelling. I have noticed occasionally the smaller molds of soap don't do the gel thing. Are these any good if they don't gel? And maybe I should just throw them away? And also sticking them into a warm oven on a cutting board for a bit...would that help. Don't want the mold to melt but if you warmed it to about 150 and turned it off then set them in maybe? TIA for any help answering this!

The smaller ones don't gel as they don't heat up enough.

Gel is a matter of perference. Some people use extra heat

to force gel, others use the fridge to avoid it. Either way is

fine, so your small bars are A-OK. I would not risk putting

plastic molds in the oven.

e

The smaller ones don't gel as they don't heat up enough.

Gel is a matter of perference. Some people use extra heat

to force gel, others use the fridge to avoid it. Either way is

fine, so your small bars are A-OK. I would not risk putting

plastic molds in the oven.

e

Thanks Eugenia...that makes me feel better about these little bars I have laying around here! I see I also posted this under the wrong catagory...should have been under SOAP!

I have had a few batches not gel even with insulation (due to the coolness of my basement) and the bars are great, just like Eugenia said. I have noticed though that they were zappy a tad longer than the ones that I gelled. Normally, after gel I get no zap upon cutting. With the non-gelled, I got a zap for a day or so.

Yep it's fine to do that as others have mentioned. I always have a little standby silicon muffin mold laying around to pour the extra batter in to make my travel sized soaps. I do cover them but of course they don't gel because there is not soap in those little containers to generate the heat. They take a little longer to get firm on me and develp ash. They are still usuable