Juried Show - Picture to send?

Jane42

We have never done a juried show before.

The paperwork says that they want ONE picture of the products we will be selling. Our first thought was to take a picture of the table set up as we would have for the show.....but then I realized it may be difficult for them to see everything that way.

We do have a picture that we took of a basket we gave for a fundraiser...basket in the background with the items spread around it - this picture really shows the jars, tins, votives, melts and air freshners - just one or two of each, along with warmers and other accessories that we don't actually make, but that are used with our items.

If you were sending ONE picture, which would you think they would want to see? Of course, I want to send TWO, one of each....but don't want to break the rules right off the bat!! LOL

We always break the rules, but this is Kansas, not NY.

I would send whichever best displays your products and if that's showing one or two of each, then send it (especially if its the better of the two), but if you can retake a pix, you might want to do that too.

the pictures are also used to help the show runners make sure that what you are selling is hand made and not manufactured or flea market stuff.

Around here they like you to send one of your booth set up, one of the product and one of you making the stuff...:)

Thanks for the info folks,now I understand.

We have some large craft fair organisers over here who work with schemes like that, however most don't & unfortunately the quality of products, inclusion of imported goods & low sale prices reflects on those of us who are genuine craft workers as too many people expect to pay those low prices all the time.

Sally.

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

I think since we have to pick ONE (LOL - can you tell how I hate that!!!!!), we will send in the close-up of the items we did for the fundraiser (why do I feel like I am sending my firstborn off to kindergarten?? LOL). I am not too thrilled with our labels (we are in the process of having someone design them for us and hoping we will have them done by "show time"), but it does show the assortment we have...hope it's good enough!

Thanks again....much appreciated!

Jane

In your application, just explain that. We even put in what's on the testing block and let them know it could be there.

Rebecca, same here. Sometimes they want a picture of our display, products and making the stuff (and that one we absolutely hate to send, well I do. My partner doesn't see it as a big deal.)

And we've even combined several pictures into one collage and called that one picture and sent it.

So far so good. We've been accepted to all our juried show last year and looks like we're approved for them all this year. :yay:

And we've even combined several pictures into one collage and called that one picture and sent it.

That's what I do, It makes it easier then printing off a bunch of pictures then I just tell them in a letter what pic is what...

Congrats on getting into your shows:)