Tropical Lip Balm

CareBear

I put this in a lip balm stick:

Tropical Lip Balm

31.8% white beeswax

34.1% monoi de Tahiti (scented)

34.1% virgin coconut oil

Simply melt the beeswax and stir in the oil. If you melted it in the microwave you may have to zap it again for a few seconds.

I never microwave these above a setting of 4.

I put this in a lip balm stick:

Tropical Lip Balm

31.8% white beeswax

34.1% monoi de Tahiti (scented)

34.1% virgin coconut oil

Simply melt the beeswax and stir in the oil. If you melted it in the microwave you may have to zap it again for a few seconds.

I never microwave these above a setting of 4.

Is there a difference between virgin coconut oil and regular?

Virgin coconut oil has a nice delicate, fresh coconut scent to it - regular coconut oil is so purified it's just oil without scent.

Jul I'm glad you liked them! I don't like flavored or sweetened lip balms cause I tend to eat them off my lips but this is delicate enough that it's special without being too edible. The other I make are just 30% beeswax plus 70% jojoba (plus a touch of vitamin E) which are unscented.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Girl, this sounds wonderful!! I am going to have to try this one. I would love to have a naturally sweetened lip balm that I dont have to use FO's with and this sounds great!! Going to have to scrounge up some supplies on the Classys for this!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!!!

Hugs,

Lynn

Girl, dont worry about the Jojoba leaking!! :highfive: BUT...........if you just happen to have spare supplies that you dont have room for, Id love to try this recipe! :drool:

Tell me, is this a good pocket or purse recipe?? How is the melting ratio of this in lip balm tubes or pots??

Hugs,

Lynn

Good question. I know my jojoba-beeswax isn't the best summer/pocket recipe (got lotsa feedback on that). Not sure about the Tropical. Never tried pots (can't stand them myself). I wish I had a tube of the tropical to stick in my pocket tomorrow - but sadly I don't.

Sorting and cleaning - I'll see what I can pull together!