Poll - Strongest Throwing Container Blend

What is your favorite Container Blend for it's Hot Throw?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Container Blend for it's Hot Throw?

• IGI 4627 (Comfort Blend)
    • IGI 4630 (Harmony Blend)
    • IGI 4786
    • J-50
    • J-223
    • Greenleaf's 70/30 Blend
    • NG Joy Wax
    • JS 123
    • JS 50/50
    • Other (if other, feel free to post your selection in the thread)

I just recently got back into candle making after about 30 plus years and have almost been overwhelmed by the options available today for wax, scents, color options etc. This survey and comments has been very enlightening and helpful.

Thanks!!!

Josh

:yay: :yay: :yay:

I totally get your point, but, clearly you don't get mine. I formed my opinion, and yet because you felt the 4627 threw better (that is YOUR opinion, and far from being fact), you felt that I was "missing out." My point is, in my mind, I'm not missing out, because I tested both of them (and many others) and the J-50 won, hands down.

You really should give the J-50 another shot. Poor thing. You are really missing out, you know?

I'm not missing out on using the 4627 any more than you are missing out on using the J-50. Just as you could use this poll to back up your opinion, I could use the previously cited survey to back up mine, but, in the end, they are both matters of opinion. Nobody here cares what you or I think. Each and every person should test for themself.

Well thank goodness you finally got the point! I've been saying all along that it's opinions only and everyone has to decided for themself what works the best. Trust me...I've created hundreds of candles with J50. It's a great wax. Never said it wasn't! I can get J50 to work splendidly for me so I'm not missing out on anything there.

I have half a case of 4627 left if you'd like to try to conquer it and see what you're missing ;) (<== ok there I am kind of joshing with you).

Best of luck!

Jen

Just curious, Jen, then, since you acknowledge that this is simply a matter of opinion, what you meant when you said "You are really missing out" despite knowing full well that I had actually tested, and in fact discarded, the very wax you felt I was missing out on.

Since you seem to not be getting the point, I'm curious as to what you meant.

Trust me, I have about 15 pounds left of that wax, so I don't really need it, but thanks for the offer.

What I meant was...

Many people really do have a hard time working with 4627. It's sticky and hard to wick. And lets say you get the wick to throw well...then you have to worry about smoking (lots and lots of smoking). I decided all of this hassle was not worth it to me...that the scent throw (at that time) from J50 was *good* enough for me. Because 4627 is so challenging to work with, people give up and never achieve *that* hot throw that can be achieved when the proper wick is used for each individual fo. With 4627, you literally need to use all different series of wicks and sizes. With J50, you can get consisitent results with a single wick series.

I'm stubborn so I worked on the 4627 until I felt fairly comfortable with it. Once I felt I *mastered* it, I switched to an easier to use wax...J50.

Again....my opinion. In my opinion, someone who hasn't gotten 4627 to throw for them (better than anything else they've ever tried) and gives up on it is missing out.

Can we agree to disagree now? I'm getting bored. And I'm a titch cranky which probably isn't helping matters :smiley2: .

Jen