Clear Labels

peppermint

I know this is a big dilemma for everyone! I had been using the crystal clear labels from label by the sheet and just double labeling to make them waterproof. Well after I have sold a lot of shower gels and shampoos I made a few to take with us on vacation. Not 2 days later and the labels fell off the bottles!! Now I have noticed they are peeling off my other bottles as well even without water. I assume it is because after I double them up they are to heavy. I also tried spaying them but it leaves a bumpy texture and doesn't always work. Has anyone mastered this yet??? It is sooooooo frustrating. I looked into getting a laser printer which I have heard works awesome but it is a $400.00 investment.

Suzanne H

I just got my sample crystal clear labels from onlinelabels.com and I have a injet also. They are specially made for injuet printers. So far they seem fine. I did have my first one smear...but I think that was because I didn't let the ink dry first...took it right off the printer as soon as it was done and slapped it on...Talk about being impatient:D You can go to their website and request some...I think you can get up to 20 sheets.

Hopefully people will post here with more info from more experience since I don't have any on products I sold I don't know how they preform in the long run. HTH

Hugs,

Rachel

I haven't seen any clear waterproof labels. I tried some decoupage(spelling?) spray last night and I will test today and see how that will work. I also ordered samples from onlinelables.com I just wish they didn't have such a high minimum. I seem to be have a hard time mastering anything! :mad:

I guess they are not waterproof. It doesn't state that they are, but I am pretty sure it was a post here that I saw it on. I am sorry. I hadn't had a chance to really check them out until just now when I licked my thumb and rubbed it across it. I am truly sorry.:( :embarasse . I can't wait to see where they actually exsist.

Hugs,

Rachel

Just a thought.. I read on another post that you can spray them with laqueur (sp?) after printing of course.. and that this will make them waterproof. The gal who does this, uses them for her shampoo, and conditioner and she says it works great. I have not tried it, but it would be worth it.. would not cost much at all! I am sure that this would be the cheapest way to waterproof your clear labels.. HTH

I use the crystal clear from onlinelabels.com and mine are virtually water and smudge proof. I have a color laser printer though, so I know that makes a difference. I got my printer for $300 last year and I still haven't had to change cartridges, I love this baby.

Mine is a Konica Minolta 2400w. I bought it online at Staples.com and I have nothing but positive things to say about it. I had a problem with the printing belt (or whatever it's called), and while the first CSR I talked to was not helpful, and basically said that it was my fault, and I couldn't use clear labels with it, that I'd damaged it myself, I got a followup call a day later, explained the whole thing again and they set it straight. They sent me a new belt and it's worked perfectly ever since.

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?prodCatType=1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=122185&cmArea=SEARCH