I attempted CPHP again!

donna4909

After my first 2 horrible soap making experiences with CPHP, I put up the crockpot and vowed never to touch it again. Or so I had planned...

After several succesful batches of CPOP under my belt, I got to thinking that maybe those HP disasters were just a combination of newbie mistakes and crappy molds. So I drug the crockpot back out, and made a batch tonight. I didn't overcook this batch, so it was more fluid when I mixed the color and got it into the mold. All looked well, so I'm very hopeful. But I'm sooooo anxious for it to cool off so I can see how it looks! It's scented triple berry from ICS, and it should be pink and white swirled.

What a complicated recipe I came up with for this one. It has: veggie shortening, pko, coconut, babassu, cocoa butter, canola, olive, and castor oils. I hope I'm not tempting the fates with having so many ingredients...

Cross your fingers for me guys... and keep those soap gremlins on a leash! :tongue2:

CPOP is soap made in the nomal cold process way, but after you get it in the mold, you place in the oven for an hour or so to help with the gel.

CPHP is crockpot hot process. It's basically what it sounds like. You cook the soap in a crockpot. :D

Edited becuase I cannot spell tonight.

Ok, I finally got the batch unmolded and cut. I have good news and bad news. *lol*

Good news is: it has an exceptional lather and lovely scent

Bad news is: it looks like diseased intestines or something equally gross

So I think I'll be making this my main recipe. And if I ever do HP again, it'll be solid colors instead of trying to swirl.

6_TripleBerry.jpg

Ok, I finally got the batch unmolded and cut. I have good news and bad news. *lol*

Good news is: it has an exceptional lather and lovely scent

Bad news is: it looks like diseased intestines or something equally gross

Two of of three is not so bad. I'd made lots of soap (especailly rebatches) that look like Spam. :smiley2:

Texa Brat,

In an earlier post I said I used sodium lactate. I saw your question about sls. Were you asking me. If so I used 1/2 oz per pound of oils.

Chris

How much sls did you use and when did you add it? I tried some in a batch and did not notice any difference.

Congrats on a successful batch. :highfive:

simple granulated sugar is great for making hp more pourable as well and is something that is already in you home to use. i use 5% of the oils as sugar...so if i have 40 oz of oils i'll put 2 oz of sugar into my lye water...dissolve sugar before adding lye. i use this much b/c i have very hard water and it also helps with lather. others just use 1T ppo.