Hot Process Method

amillion3147

I've sorta gotten over being mad at my first attempt at HP, lol, and am willing to try again. I've done a lot more reading and I've come across these hints...now mind you, I have not tried any of these myself as yet, but plan to today. Ok, try adding a little bit {how much is anyone's guess??} of glycerine at the end of the cook, or try adding some sodium lactate or sorbitol, also at the end of the cook. These things are supposed to help make the HP soap more pourable, and so shouldn't come out as funky looking...again, I have not tried any of this yet! I'm not sure about the glycerine as I heard it can make the soap feel sticky, but then maybe just a little?? bit won't do it that way. The sorbitol I have is in solution, so now I'm wondering just how much extra water that will add to the HP. The sodium lactate sounds best to me and I think that's what I'm going to go for. Keeping my fingers crossed! :yes:

Ok, did my second ever batch of HP last night. This time I added SL at the end of the cook. Let me tell you, it makes a BIG difference in the "pourability" of the soap...it'll never be {I believe} as pourable as CP, but the SL in HP is superb! I was even able to add my beloved grapefruit fo, once the batch cooled down enough. I do love yuzu, but to my nose it's just not the same. Anyway, I'm making friends with HP! :D

If you dissolve 1T ppo sugar in your water before you add the lye, it will make your hp more fluid. The first batch that I did was without sugar, since that first one, sugar is in all my hp batches.

Sugar is probably in your home, sl isn't.

well, i figured i better have a first post and this is a topic i love so ithought it would be fitting to post here.

all i do now is crock pot HP....i just LOVE it!! but then i love the rustic look the soap has with HP. i love watching the trasformation of the soap. i know it's not as "quick" as CP, but i love the interaction with the soap....it's just cool to me!

i use sugar in all by batches...another thing is to always use the full liquid amount for better pourability.