what can i substatute for coconut oil

mcornwell

None of the above. :undecided

Um eugenia I really don't mean to 2nd guess you since I'm a newbie, but babassu is a cleansing oil like coconut oil & I thought was more like coconut oil than PKO? I know it would be a really expensive bar of soap but couldn't she use that? (she'd have to run it threw a calculator too)

Karen B (who is going to quietly hide in a corner now) :tiptoe:

Um eugenia I really don't mean to 2nd guess you since I'm a newbie, but babassu is a cleansing oil like coconut oil & I thought was more like coconut oil than PKO?

Karen, don't hide, I answered to quickly! Babassu is actually a bit more cleansing than coconut (70% as opposed to 67%) and a lot more expensive. I love Babassu and use 5% in every batch.

Karen, don't hide, I answered to quickly!

(wiping sweat from brow) I didn't want to 2nd guess you there because obviously you have WAY more experience & knowledge than I do. But I did think maybe you just missed that oil.

I actually love that oil too, I tried one batch where all my cleansing oil was just the babassu. (don't remember the % off hand) I have that batch of soap hidden from my family.

thanks,

Karen B