aroma beads/ornies

I have read that you can use mica powders and glitter when you make aroma beads and ornies. My question is--is there a specific type of glitter or will just any glitter from a craft section be okay? I made some of these for the first time today and wow! are the scented strong and very pretty. When I was in Alco (discount store in small towns) I saw that they had some red, gold, and mult color glitter tubes on clearance for just $1. I was hoping to be able to use it for some of my ornies.

Thanks for your help!!

I've used mica powder in my ornies and haven't had any issues. I want to say that I used 1/4tsp of powder to 3/4 of a miracle whip jar (I think it was 1 1/2 cup of beads but I can't remember with out going down to my studio). I think if you check the instructions at www.candlesupply.com for making ornies it will give you a measurement. I think I went a bit more because I wanted them really "frost" looking for my Frosty Northern Morning Scent...

HTH

Life & Light!

Tish

Thanks for the info on the mica powders at some point in the future I will definately try them! :grin2:

Right now though all I have access is glitter--I live in a very small town about 2700 people. I can drive 45 minutes to a Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart, but with the prices of fuel :eek: I thought that I would see if I could use anything that is a bit closer and wouldn't cost me an arm or leg to go buy or have shipped.

I used fine white cyrstal snow (made for stampbooking) just to see if it would work, and it did.

I've never heard of this or seen it, is it just a really fine form of glitter?