Waterproof Labels Help

ladysj

I bought some waterproof labels. I printed off one about an hour ago and the darn thing still isn't dry. It's smudging. How long does it take these suckers to dry. I seems to be with the darker colors that is taking so long. Please help.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but you always need make sure you are using the appropriate type of label for your printer. I've been tempted to use inkjet on my laser in a pinch, but haven't simply because I've heard it can wreak havoc with your printer if you use the wrong label type.

The other thing I've found is that even with the appropriate label type, the white waterproof can still smudge pretty badly. I now use the crystal clear labels and haven't had a single smudge yet.

It's an inkjet printer and I just noticed it says laser. I did just notice they are completely dry now so I will just have to allow for a longer drying time with them. It doesn't smudge at all now.

I would also like to know where you find the clear ones. All I can find it white water proof. I know just the plain clear labels work great and don't smudge. But, I don't want to use these for shower gel labels because I don't think they will work.

I use the plain crystal clear labels for my laser printer, they aren't waterproof, per se, but they have never smudged or run in the bath, I use them on almost all of my products. I get them from www.onlinelabels.com
LOL...no, they sure don't do they :laugh2:

I had some alum. bottles that had crystal clear labels on them (for a color laser), and ran them through the dishwasher with the labels on. Not only did the toner not budge in the least (no smearing, fading, etc), but the labels themselves didn't come up in the slightest. Damn....now I have to peel them puppies off and clean 'em up!!

I get mine from onlinelabels.com too. They are not found under waterproof labels!

To test mine I poured running water over them and sprayed them with alcohol and they were not affected in the least. I also put a dab of fragrance oil directly on them and rubbed them with my finger to try to get them to smudge. The FO mostly just made the label feel sticky. There was only the slightest amount of smudging.

On the other hand, when I was using white "waterproof" labels, if just a tiny amount of FO got on the label they ran all over the place and turned into a blurry mess all on their own.

Not sure if it helps and i'm unsure of a price comparison on them but i've contacted www.rippedsheets.com and will be getting my labels from there because they will ship to Australia for me. They also have the soluble paper so you can imbed messages into your soaps. They have tonnes of really good stuff there but like i said i don't know how they compare with price against the other supplier.

HTH

Shaz!

Rippedsheets has some great options, but damn they are wicked expensive. I have eye-balled them for years for some custom sizes...just can't choke down the prices. When size is a necessity though, they are nice to keep in mind.