Astrolite V

Ok I need to know if anyone is having problems.

I used to use astrolite V in pellet form. Now it comes in slabs.

The votives I made with pellets were all perfect.

Burned great for me no problem.

This slab wax does not want to burn right.

I have not changed wicks either.

I used all Lx in my votives before.

Now using them with this slab wax isn't working.

They are tunneling and not getting full melt pool.

I even used exact same scents as before.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Did they change this wax in anyway?

Do I have an imposter wax? :laugh2:

HELP!!!! Please...

Ummmmmm! I think you got ripped off here.. I think someone did a switcharoo on waxes. i made some votives with this wax and they burn like a pillar! :confused: something is definately fishy here! I hope someone else chimes in.. Maybe someone has a lb of the real Astrolite V i can try!! :laugh2:

Thank You!

I use Astorlite V and I don't care for it. It's too hard to find a wick that works good. I use CD 5 and 6 and then also various zinc wicks but still have trouble with it hanging up sometimes. Not really thrilled with with the hot scent throw on alot of them. I have 4 cases to use up and then I'll try to find something different. Ginger

When I use to bother making votives I used the V mixed with container wax.

( off the top of my head I think it was 12 oz V with 4 oz 4627 ) increased the scent throw a lot and lowered the mp. Used LX-12 for most scents.

Well I tried more votives with this.

I have an idea I was sent the wrong wax.

Either that or the formula changed.

I don't know, But I do know I never had a problem with the pellets.

This looks exactly like 6228 when put next to it, and the place where I got this from did sell 6228.

I'm wondering if that is what I got. Not a clue since there isn't a label anywhere to be found.

Astorlite V is the only wax I ever used to make votives so I know how this wax acted, and this new stuff is not acting right.

And I have a whole frigging case of it. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Are you buying it from the same place as usual? I love the pellets; I'm sorry to see them go back to slabs. The last case I got was from Alabaster and they sell the pellets. Why don't you call the company and ask them to send you a sample of the V so you can test it side-by-side to see if you were sent the wrong stuff. If so, they should be willing to make an adjustment.

Are you buying it from the same place as usual? I love the pellets; I'm sorry to see them go back to slabs. The last case I got was from Alabaster and they sell the pellets. Why don't you call the company and ask them to send you a sample of the V so you can test it side-by-side to see if you were sent the wrong stuff. If so, they should be willing to make an adjustment.

Nope, I used to get mine from candlewic.

Which they don't sell anymore.

But I like your idea.

I will see if this other place would send me a sample.

Thanks for the idea.