What should I try first?

nayarx8

Ok, so ive been thinking about doing CP for a long time now. Obviously, Im very concerned about working with lye (especially around my 11 month daughter), but yesterday I was doing some research (4 hours worth last night!) on HP soap. I got to thinking that it might be a better method for me because I can pretty much do everything after my daugher goes to bed w/o any interruptions. Then, after looking at the Brambleberry site, I saw that they had some rebatching soap. Would this be a decent thing to experiment with at first? I know its technically not as rewarding as DIY, but so far all ive done is M&P. Im wanting to make a castile soap for my daugher and was curious if I bought some of the castile rebatching soap from Brambleberry would be a good "substitute" for the real thing? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks so much,

Linaya

Eugenia put a recipe up for "basically castile" that is 90% Olive Oil and 10% Castor Oil. This was my first CP (actually I did it HP & CP - still waiting for the cure to be over before I decide which I lie better).

It's really easy to do your own - don't know the benefit of rebatching, wouldn't that just be like M&P?

I was thinking about trying Eugenia's recipe for the castile soap; just not sure about having lye around the house right now.

I know that I can get a M&P castile base, and a rebatching castile base; which do you think would be better?

Rebatching is basically CP soap that you shred up, add a touch more liquid and remold.....Brambleberry just makes it a little easier for you. M&P isn't even close to the quality of rebatched CP soap. M&P is loaded with surfecants and chemicals.

Give it a try.....it's as close to making your own CP as you can get without being to time consuming. Have fun!!

Thanks Chris! Time (and safety) is really of the essence now that my daughter started crawling last weekend. Dont have alot of time to spend on my projects lately:( . Now, if I could only get the rebatch soap delivered before the weekend (which is a long shot); I'd be very happy!