Anyone tried Calwax?

Just wondering if there were any reviews on their waxes, or if anyone has even tried them. Just came across them surfing and realized I live like 30 minutes away from them! No prices on their website either, but anyone got any idea of how their prices are? I'll be calling them tomorrow to hopefully find out anyway. TIA!

I've seen their site before. They probably don't normally sell retail but if you can show up and buy cases cheap you'd be crazy not to. They have a full range of preformulated blends and paraffins and even soy. It's not like they're selling "bad wax" so I'm sure in the hands of a competent chandler some good stuff can be made out of it! I'd be curious to know what they say when you call them. To bad I don't have a wax company near ME. :cry2: How cool would that be?

I'll let you know what they say! As for the wax in your area, maybe these places are around you?

In NY

http://www.craftcave.com/candle/aboutus.shtml

http://www.paramold.thomasregister.com/olc/73304156/home.htm

In NJ

http://www.longwyckcandleworks.com/index.html

In PA

http://www.candlesandsupplies.com/

I was actually going to try to stop by CAS when I was supposed to visit my cousins in Jersey, but ended up not going anymore due to not being able to afford the plane ride over (this was around the time my addiction, for candlemaking, started to take me and my $$ hostage, lol!) Anyhow, HTH, and good luck!

I've seen their site before. They probably don't normally sell retail but if you can show up and buy cases cheap you'd be crazy not to. They have a full range of preformulated blends and paraffins and even soy. It's not like they're selling "bad wax" so I'm sure in the hands of a competent chandler some good stuff can be made out of it! I'd be curious to know what they say when you call them. To bad I don't have a wax company near ME. :cry2: How cool would that be?

Thanks, but you misunderstand. I know all the suppliers already.

YOU, my dear, do not live near a supplier. You live near a major blender and distributor of waxes. Probably the smallest order they take is a pallet of wax. They might sell wax to someone who sells wax to us, and they probably wouldn't consider that a big customer.

In other words, you aren't even on their radar. But if I were them and local people wanted to come by to get a case of wax, I'd be nice and sell it to them cheap. So let's hope they're nice to you!

I use Calwax 10 and 30 and love the stuff. After I decided to stop using Cleanwax, I found these were the closest waxes I could find - almost all my wicking turned out the same. They are paraffin/soy blends and are very easy to work with.

I get it from Swans, but I believe I've heard you can order it directly from Calwax - I think someone said you had to buy 2 cases of wax at a time though. I've talked to them before and they're very nice.

About a year ago I contacted Calwax and they sent me sample and I really liked their waxes. In the quantities I order in I have to order from Swan Candles. Calwax only accepts orders in very large quantities; it was like $2500 or a so many pallets, I can't remember the details exactly just know it was too much for me.

Bummer, they must have changed their policies :( I talked to them about 2 years ago, guess they decided the little orders were too much of a hassle. I was buying 300#s at a time.

Oh well, Swans has pretty good service. Unless there are more that have popped up, I *think* they're the only distributor.