My Very First Batch of CP Soap

Kymber

For all your kind compliments! It is scented Oatmeal, Milk & Honey and I used a cardboard box for the mold. I put saran wrap over the top of the box but not directly on the soap and it appears to have a little ash on it. I did insulate it with 3 towels and also had it sitting on a towel to insulate the bottom. Since I am still learning I am not sure what you mean by "What level?" It is a soy soap........has canola, olive, ez soy wax flakes, coconut and shea in it. It smells delish. I can't wait for it to cure so I can try it out. And I had so much fun I am addicted and can't wait to try another batch! Unfortunately I have this thing called a JOB and it is forever getting in the way of my plans...LOL

OMG talk about WOW factor. You've got it made hun. Those look absolutely dreamy. My first one's turned out hacked...lol usable but hacked. Yours are good enough to sell straight up. Good job and well done. Look forward to seeing more :highfive:

Thank You all for the encouragement!! It was so FUN to make and I am dying to make another batch. I am studying swirls right now so I can do swirls next. I should buy a soap box too.......any good suggestions? Anyone have that one on Ebay that looks like a cake pan...comes in 16 or 32 bars and includes the cutter that fits in the slots for perfect bars? And if so....what do you think of it? I am seriously considering that one.

Kymber

I ordered the one off e-bay (shhh, don't tell me, I wasn't supposed to spend any money!) - the 16. But you know, up till now I've been using shoe boxes (and their lids) and just now discovered some tupperware boxes that hold just 12oz - perfect for experimenting. Oh and the drawers from my 4-year old's jewelry box...

What I'm saying is you don't need to make the investment yet, there are lots of options.

Then again, I did - so who am I to talk ;)

Thank You all for the encouragement!! It was so FUN to make and I am dying to make another batch. I am studying swirls right now so I can do swirls next. I should buy a soap box too.......any good suggestions? Anyone have that one on Ebay that looks like a cake pan...comes in 16 or 32 bars and includes the cutter that fits in the slots for perfect bars? And if so....what do you think of it? I am seriously considering that one.

Kymber

I think you are referring to the Misty Creek Molds. I have the 16 bar one and I like it. You can get the extra dividers to make smaller batches too. I have only done a few batches with this mold but like it very much