70/30 Parasoy Test

This was very surprising to me. I've not really worked with soy and everything I've read indicated that soy requires a larger wick than paraffin. My standard is 30 ply flat for paraffin. This is what I used. I expected a tunnel. Instead I got this, pic is after initial 3 hour burn. Spillover happened in the last few minutes. Smelled great.

7030.jpg

Is this a mix of yours?

The soy part is a blend made for pillars right ?

The soy is a nameless straight soy, labeled "Enchanted Lites 100% Soy Wax". The paraffin was equally nameless, a slab from the craft store. So yes, this was my own blend.

e

Eugenia do you twist your wick? I have my own blend pillar wax (about 60/40), use a 36 ply wick, but twist it good before I pour, so I get a more even burn all the way around instead of the wick leaning to one side only. Been doing that for years with no blowouts. Try that first before you change wicks and see if you get a more even burn!! :cool2:

Eugenia do you twist your wick? I have my own blend pillar wax (about 60/40), use a 36 ply wick, but twist it good before I pour, so I get a more even burn all the way around instead of the wick leaning to one side only. Been doing that for years with no blowouts. Try that first before you change wicks and see if you get a more even burn!! :cool2:

I always twist. I did not expect a blowout with the 30ply flat. I repoured last night with 24ply flat. Everyone keeps mentioning 36ply in 3 pillars. I have to try that soon.

Wow if you twist then it's weird you had a blow out.......that's strange!! I would think it would tunnel also....that's why I upped mine to 36 ply. PM me if you need some 36 to play with, I'll throw some in the mail for ya!! :cool2:

Wow if you twist then it's weird you had a blow out.......that's strange!! I would think it would tunnel also....that's why I upped mine to 36 ply. PM me if you need some 36 to play with, I'll throw some in the mail for ya!! :cool2:

That's sweet of you but I have some. If the 24 is N/G, that's my next step.