CB135 or GL 70/30

New to candlemaking, just started couple months ago and really like it. This message board has been great.

Currently I am making votives and container jars, using EL Millenium, but having problems with rough tops on the containers. Personally I like a smooth top, and I want a great fragrance.

I've read about CB135 and GL 70/30 on this site. What is the difference? Which would you choose and why?

New to candlemaking, just started couple months ago and really like it. This message board has been great.

Currently I am making votives and container jars, using EL Millenium, but having problems with rough tops on the containers. Personally I like a smooth top, and I want a great fragrance.

I've read about CB135 and GL 70/30 on this site. What is the difference? Which would you choose and why?

I would choose GL 70/30 as it is very easy to work with and has an awsome throw with very little cure time. This is a container wax only and is very soft. I used the CB 135 a long time ago and did not like the throw but I know some of the others on here like it.

Dixie

GL is a nice easy wax to work with. But shipping may be high for you if you don't live near them. 135 has a good throw and the tops set up nice and flat for me - when you pour at the correct temp. You can pour 135 fairly hot too, unlike most other soys. I would get 10lb samples of both and see which one you like best :)

CB-135 is made entirely of vegetable derived ingredients whereas GL 70/30 is a mix of veggie and paraffinic ingredients. Candles made with CB-135 are liable to turn to crap over time even though they can set up nice at first. GL 70/30 is much more stable and has better scent throw. Between those two choices I'd suggest the GL.

Are you limiting yourself to just testing those two?

My two favorites (right now) are GL70/30 (http://greenleafcandlesupply.com/) and Joy wax (http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/ ). Both set up extremely smooth even after burn.

I'm burning testers of each right now - and can tell you that for me, the Joy burns a bit easier (seems to be about 1 wick size difference), but the 70/30 has a bit better adhesion. Since this is just inititial testing, changing pouring method or wicking type can possibly take care of that - but just thought I'd mention what I find so far in my little tests.

HTH