Where Are All The Liquid Soapers?

Hibiscus

I want to make liquid soap REALLY bad. And I've searched for basic and small recipes but I keep finding recipes that are huge and I'm not quite clear on the instructions. I know it begans like hp but after that I am confused. I found some instructions that simply said bring it to trace and pour it in a container and allow it to sit for x amount of time and then add water to thin it. The other instructions were to do the same but there was testing and borax involved. I have everything to make liquid soap I'm just not sure which of these instructions are best. I went to snowdrift farms, about.com and just maybe I'm having a slow weekend, not sure. So, are there any liquid soap makers? I don't mean the grated add water soap. Also, if you make liquid soap isn't it a matter of chaging the ingredients slightly if you want a shower gel, dish detergent, or laundry soap?

May I suggest you buy "Making Natural Liquid Soaps" by Catherine Failor?

Everything you need to know to get you started is in this book. I wish I could help you, but I'm new to this also.

There is a pretty good tutorial on the dish too.

I considered purchasing that book at amazon a while ago and got mixed reviews on it. Again, I will go to that site. I guess there aren't any liquid soapers on this board.:undecided it's just basic stuff I need to know not really that slow..LOL

Thanks

Can't say if that's true or not, but you just asked today.... Not everyone is one every minute (like I am lately, LOL).

Probably not and I've been on quite a bit myself...lol..just leave the thing signed in and go back and forth while I search for stuff...honestly I am tired of this puter but i think I've found a recipe and instructions on herbalsoaps and i think i will try it today because it seems very simple..hope not too simple to be true..LOL

Thanks

I have been playin with liquid soap lately ( in fact I have some sitting on the counter now ) and by no means am an expert but will try to help if I can. I would suggest as Rebecca suggested to get"Making Natural Liquid Soaps" by Catherine Failor. There is ton's of info and recipes along with dilution ratios, every thing a liquid soaper needs.

I have been playin with liquid soap lately ( in fact I have some sitting on the counter now ) and by no means am an expert but will try to help if I can. I would suggest as Rebecca suggested to get"Making Natural Liquid Soaps" by Catherine Failor. There is ton's of info and recipes along with dilution ratios, every thing a liquid soaper needs.

I thank you for the suggestion but I really believe that I can find anything if I keep searching....kinda stubborn that way and verrry frugal and impatient about some things like waiting for mail..lol... Just thought I'd try this board because there seems to be quite a few experienced soapers here. I've learned how to make jewelry, candles, luminaries, B&B products, beaded flowers, press flowers and now cp and cphp soap and I never purchased one book.:D Out of all of that the only thing that didn't click right away was the beaded flowers. But again I thank you and everyone else for all their help. I understand the liquid soap making process It's really basic stuff I want to know before I jump in. I think I will try the recipe from either about.com or that herbalsoap site, or perhaps snowdrift..not sure yet

Thanks Again!

I am by no means an authority on liquid soap but here are a couple sites that really helped me. I use the Ellens Essentials recipe and site and my soap is very very nice.

http://candleandsoap.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=candleandsoap&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ellensessentials.com

Heres another site with some info:

http://candleandsoap.about.com/od/liquidsoap/ss/basicliquidsoap.htm

The soap dish also has a step by step tutorial as well.

I hope this helps some.

Janis Rogers

jansbathscents