Has anyone?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I have not tried this yet but they have a distrubution center close to me so I called and ordered a sample. They are sending my a SLAB of thier all natural pillar blend and a SLAB of their all natural container wax #10. The blends have soy manufactured in the USA, the palm wax is from malysia. I am anxious to try them out. The person I spoke to said they also make propriatory blends for candlemakers. I actually didnt see the ads here but got their number form another candlemaker at the craft fair. I bought one of his candles. The cold throw for his is o.k. but the hot is awesome. I am really looking forwards to testing this. I will post back one I have a chance to work with it.. I am not sure if its o.k. to post info like name and number of who I spoke too but feel free to PM me :wink2: and I'll pass it along.

Waxing Moon

Okay, I just found out that formulary at this company was the original formulary from Calwax. (but since he created the original formula for Calwax, he cant use the same one for ACCU) I really like the Calwax Calsoy blends (they are my #1 fav) and wonder how this will compare to it. It seems that Swans in WA will be the new distributor for this wax as well. They may even replace the calwax with this brand all together.

I use calwax cb30 for containers and cb10 for votives, both from Swans..love them both, I have added up to 11% fo in the cb10 without it sweating out or pitting, and up to 12% in the cb30 (although wicking is a challenge for some jars). Try it, I think you'll be sold!

Melissa :)

Also, Pete at Swans is great! Terrific customer service, and will ship cheapest way possible

hth

Calwax is a manufacturer in California. Swans (located in WA) is pretty much their only distributor to the public (for people like us that buy by the slab or case at a time). It seems that Swans may now be getting ready to carry ACCU instead of Calwax brands, but I am not too worried, since the original formulator from Calwax is now working for ACCU, so I am pretty sure their waxes will be similar to Calwax, if not better. ACCU has all natural soy blends as well as the parasoy blends.

Hi,

I own Swans Candles and am the distributor for CalWax. I can get Accu-Blend wax and will carry any my customers want to buy. I do not at present have any intentions of discontinuing selling and Promoting CalWax. Henry and I are friends and we help each other out as much as we can in more things than wax. Both companies have very good product but due to circumstances I can only list CalWax products on my site, although I will process requests for other waxes. I also Distribute wax products for Gehring Montgomery and have very good prices for Beeswax. We are a full service supplier and have great Truckload prices. I am responding to this post at the request of a customer. I wish everyone here a Great day!!! P.S. I probably have the best shipping rates to Hawaii and Alaska out there.

Pete

How is it possible to test the Accu-Blend waxes? Assuming they are different from calwax?

I did test a single pour wax from Calwax about 6-7 years ago and did not care for it. It was tuff to wick colored pastel. I'm thinking it's the same wax and really don't need a slab to find out, LOL.

How is it possible to test the Accu-Blend waxes? Assuming they are different from calwax?

I did test a single pour wax from Calwax about 6-7 years ago and did not care for it. It was tuff to wick colored pastel. I'm thinking it's the same wax and really don't need a slab to find out, LOL.

Not sure which type of the Calwax you tested 6-7 years ago, but I tell ya, as far as all natural soy blends go, they are top notch. They may have also improved their formula since then. I think the only reason they aren’t being used by so many people is because they are only distributed in the west coast and are a little pricier than other waxes, (this is only my opinion of course)

Pete, I must also compliment you on Swans. I have ordered there for almost 2 years and think you have great customer service. I also have to apologize about the comment of the Calwax being replaced. That part I kind of assumed since I saw you drop the Calwax price from $16.50 to $14 a slab. I thought you were trying to push it out the door or something. Either way, I am glad you are carrying both of them and am anxious to try the ACCU blends.

Sorry you were forced to come on this site, but everythings just fine, just some anxious promoting going on here.....

Jan, if you click on "New Candlemaking Supply Entrance" it is a lot easier to navigate now :)

Well Carrie, I wish I could find my notes, LOL. But yeah, it's been a long time and I tend to throw things away if I don't feel the need to resurface.

I did contact Calwax about a year ago about their soy blends. They were very unwilling to accomodate me (samples) and sent me to swans. However, I have a hard time spending $50 to sample a few waxes. I got more slabs now then I know what to do with, none to write home about. I don't think it's the per case price that is so unreasonable but the lack of interest in the small candlemakers that are striving to find something available as well as quality. Perhaps if we were in higher numbers on the West coast we would hear more about the waxes available. Manufacturers/Suppliers would be more willing to point us in their direction. Many Manuf & suppliers offer 1 lb samples free or for purchase as well as promote (word of mouth). Unfortunately, they are not the ones on the West Coast.

So you like the soy huh? I love soy but it scares me, I just have not had good luck with the consistancy (crop changes). I won't go back to all paraffin though. I've been trying to come up with my own formula soy/paraffin. I guess I will have to give Swans a try and put a rest to the mysteries.

• 3 months later...
Not sure which type of the Calwax you tested 6-7 years ago, but I tell ya, as far as all natural soy blends go, they are top notch. They may have also improved their formula since then. I think the only reason they aren’t being used by so many people is because they are only distributed in the west coast and are a little pricier than other waxes, (this is only my opinion of course)

Pete, I must also compliment you on Swans. I have ordered there for almost 2 years and think you have great customer service. I also have to apologize about the comment of the Calwax being replaced. That part I kind of assumed since I saw you drop the Calwax price from $16.50 to $14 a slab. I thought you were trying to push it out the door or something. Either way, I am glad you are carrying both of them and am anxious to try the ACCU blends.

Sorry you were forced to come on this site, but everythings just fine, just some anxious promoting going on here.....

We lowered the price on all our slabs to $14.00. We will start stocking more Accu-blend in January. Thanks for your kind words.

I agree. I have ordered from Swans for the last two years too and they have top notch customer service. They get their orders out fast and are always willing to help with any questions! Calwax has great wax, and I also like the Accu wax that I now get from Swans for my special one wicked candles. Thanks Pete and Swans' staff!